Mimi Kwa Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Mimi Kwa
- Mimi Kwa has been on our television screens for 20 years as a newsreader, journalist, programme host and presenter. She has read live news bulletins beamed to 40 countries, as well as News24, and Virgin in flight entertainment.
- She was the first Asian presenter on National Nine News obtaining exclusive interviews with Serena Williams, Russel Crowe, Ralph Schumacher, Pearce Brosnan and Kylie Minogue.
- Mimi Kwa is a BMW ambassador. She has presented for NAB, Coles, Specsavers, Victorian Parliament, Schweppes, Paspaly, Blackmores and the VRC.
- Mimi Kwa has conducted media training with Westpac, Kennedy Luxury Brands and celebrities appearing on The Block and Married at First sight.
- Aside from TV and communications Mimi Kwa has personal experience in mental health and wellbeing caring for a schizophrenic parent.
- She is the author of House of Kwa, a memoir detailing her journey with a chronically ill parent as well as charting the story of her migrant father and his 32 brothers and sisters, published 2021.
Topics for Mimi Kwa
- Evolving our human relations
Mimi Kwa shares extraordinary experiences across cultures, continents, gender and generations that resonate at the heart of the necessary evolution of our workplace, home and family human relationships. Mimi's avid exploration of the key tenets of human relationship evolution combined with compelling personal tales, straight from her memoir, House of Kwa, and stories of twenty years in the television spotlight, meeting some of the most inspiring and influential people of our time — all make Mimi a fascinating and unique Keynote speaker. She compels, enthrals, and educates audiences with her illuminating wisdom on cornerstone transformational tools that are essential for evolving our human relations, and that underpin our strive to maintain positive mental health, resilience, and professional and personal growth and success.
- After dinner stories
Mimi Kwa has an array of entertaining tales to tell from 20 years in media. Just ask her about Russell Crowe, Chopper Reid or Serena Williams.
- Master of Ceremonies
Mimi Kwa has an unparalleled reputation as a thoroughly researched, engaging MC, moderator and master facilitator. Mimi brings sincerity and warmth, professionalism and poise to every event.
Testimonials for Mimi Kwa
Mimi was a true professional. Friendly, on time, focussed - she did an outstanding job. I would definitely work with Mimi Kwa again.
Journalist, presenter and author, Ms Mimi Kwa, stepped up to the Keynote Speaker plate brilliantly at our recent Ruth Langley Luncheon attended by almost 300 guests. Mimi regaled the audience with her uplifting early career highlights as a young journalist working for the ABC, and later Channel 9. Her Keynote Address provided laughter, smiles and was truly inspirational as she shared moments of vulnerability that are familiar to us all. I am looking forward to reading Mimi’s recently released book, House of Kwa. Her honest and vivid storytelling promises to be a wonderful read over the summer months.
St Catherine’s School
Mimi Kwa was highly professional and engaging as the CPA Virtual Congress MC this year. Her preparation was immaculate and in-depth and this showed in her delivery of the conference.
Mimi Kwa was a true professional. Friendly, on time, focussed - she did an outstanding job. I would definitely work with Mimi Kwa again.
Mimi, as usual, was wonderful. She is a great MC/Facilitator, an incredible speaker and really takes charge of the conversation (which is perfect!).
Mimi Kwa hosted and MC'd our virtual Monash Tech Talk on Agile Nations: Recovering in a pandemic in 2020. All event participants and panelists have been giving glowing feedback about her energy, dynamism and grace in drawing out interesting points on an incredibly complex topic. Personally, I loved the way Mimi encouraged engagement and wove personal experiences into discussion about agility during a tumultuous time such as COVID – which is what being an MC is all about. Mimi's passion for change was infectious and she was incredibly flexible, friendly and easy to work with. Mimi - We learned so much from working with you and would love to do it again. We can't wait to work with you again in the future.
Senior Events Coordinator
Faculty of Information Technology, Monash University
Mimi Kwa has real presence and is an absolute professional. Mimi's role at NAB was to be the 'voice' of the business banker and her performance was consistently strong. I have no hesitation in recommending Mimi for any role she applies for.
Mimi Kwa and I have trained together from one side of Australia to the other. She is one of the best presenters in the country and always great to work with. Mimi is thoroughly professional, friendly, informed and focused on results.