- Worked in advertising for 18 years at Saatchi & Saatchi, Ogilvy & Mather, DDB, McCann-Erickson, and George Patterson
- Set out on his own as 'The Brand Guy' ten years ago to take brand and branding into all areas of the organisation
- Major top-to-bottom branding projects done for Vodafone, Talent2, the CSIRO, QBE (globally), Mortgage Choice, and Steadfast
- In 2008 published positive psychology book in 2008 called "Wake Up Tiger"
- Won the inaugural Battle of Big Thinking in 2010. Since then Richard has become a regular speaker around Australia
- Listed by Global Gurus as one of the Top 30 Brand Gurus in the world
- Brand You
- How to stand out in a sea of sameness and live a life you love
- A Brand New World
- How to use your brand to create the future of your business
- How to motivate your people to move mountains
- On Brands
- How to create brands that people love
- Not Business As Usual
- How to break old habits and think differently
- Customer Intimacy
- How to seduce and 'wow!' your customers
- Creativity 1.0
- How to make creativity a daily habit
- How to be an extra-ordinary leader
At the core of Richard's work is his interest in people, and understanding how people think, feel and behave. He intuitively gets what motivates and engages people, and he brought this empathy, energy and enthusiasm to every piece of work he did for us - from presenting at our leadership forums to running staff workshops, developing our Brand Blueprint, creating our EVP, and in the way he related to every QBE employee he came into contact with.
Group Executive Officer
People & Communications
Richard Sauerman helped us launch our 'What would you like to change?' Brand campaign in 2009. The brief that we gave him was, in my view, challenging and difficult to visualise. His response and subsequent work on our launch programme was seen by myself and my Executive Team to be;
- creative and visionary
- inspiring and provocative
- empathetic and professional
I would have no hesitation in working with Richard again or in recommending him to anyone.
Global Lead People & Change
Richard's personal meld of creativity and integrity will have your whole company jiving to whatever messages you want. He can grab complex business strategy, a roomful of suspicious people, and have them eating out of his hand through reflecting back an organisation's needs in a creative and passionate way. Whether it's insurance, media, not-for-profit or any business, the way Richard helps teams to realise and recognise the people drivers in their business is truly special. Just try him - it will be worth it.
General Manager Communication
I met Richard to discuss a speaking engagement for our Sales Conference on personal brand, customer value and customer intimacy. After listening intently to us and our needs, our company mission and values and what we were trying to achieve Richard succinctly and creatively outlined his plan for the engagement. He was passionate enthusiastic, innovative and challenging with his approach and ideas. The actual presentation was a smash! From the survey of the day he was the standout score and the team absolutely loved his message, delivery and actions to take away. I would have no hesitation in recommending Richard to any organisation wishing to find out more about their true purpose and becoming a 10! I am looking forward to working with Richard again soon, he's epic!
Sales & Solutions Manager