Nigel Brennan Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Nigel Brennan
- In 2008, two freelancers, Australian photojournalist Nigel Brennan and Canadian journalist Amanda Lindhout, travelled to Somalia to cover the story of the millions of people affected for nearly 20 years by war, drought and famine.
- Unfortunately, Nigel and Amanda became the story. Four days after arriving in the Somalian capital Nigel and Amanda were ambushed and kidnapped by teenage criminals. They were held for the next 462 days before being finally released on the 26th November 2009.
- Held in isolation, mostly in a room 3 x 5 meters, and often in the dark, Nigel suffered both mental and physical torture at the hands of his captors.
- Nigel's story is highly engaging and emotional. His account of being captured, held hostage, a near escape, and eventual release, provide a fascinating insight into human strength and personal determination to stay alive.
- Agent For Change - TEDx Byron Bay 2013.
Topics for Nigel Brennan
- The price of life
- What can we achieve when called upon?
Testimonials for Nigel Brennan
Nigel was quick to jump on board and prepared a 15 min presentation at very short notice. His presentation worked to all the elements required of the brief. He is a gifted story teller and orator. He is able to use his experiences to convey messages that the audiences can both sympathise with and take inspiration from.
An amazing story told in an honest, down to earth and inspiring manner. Well done! An excellent result.
National Employment Services Association
Heartfelt great speaker made you think how lucky we are and what family is. In a breakout session we were asked to define, what is an Australian? Well Nigel Brennan and his family are great ambassadors, as Australians.
Such a moving story and we think we have problems. I can’t wait to read his book.
SAP Plant Maintenance