Melody Horrill Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Melody Horrill
- Melody Horrill is an internationally published author, an award-winning Australian journalist, television presenter,documentary producer and domestic violence survivor.
- In June 2022, her memoir, A dolphin called Jock was released by Australian publishers, Allen and Unwin to rave reviews. Her book will be published in the U.S next year. Melody’s passion is sharing her story about growing up with, and surviving extreme domestic violence and how she gained resilience, strength and hope through connecting with nature – in particular, a wild, injured, solitary dolphin.
- Melody has been a broadcast journalist for the ABC, Network Ten, Nine Network, Seven Network and Correspondent for CNN International. Her book has been featured in the Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, The Australian, Adelaide Advertiser, Police Journal, Australian Women’s Weekly and Take 5 magazines. She’s been interviewed by multiple radio and television stations across Australia and New Zealand, and has appeared on the Project and Ten Mornings. She’s also been a guest on numerous podcasts.
- Melody was awarded best Television Presenter by Better Hearing Australia, She received an Archbishops Award for outstanding Journalism and a Federal Government Australia Day Award for outstanding service during the 2019/2020 bushfires in Victoria.
- During her career she has been a keynote speaker for such organisations as the Port Adelaide Football Club, Myer, SA Health, Heart Foundation, Royal Zoological Association, Animal Welfare Australia, Real Estate Institute and has been Master of Ceremonies for numerous business and charitable events.
Topics for Melody Horrill
- Melody's story
Melody grew up in a home dominated by severe domestic violence. It culminated in her father attempting to kill her mother and Melody testifying against him to put him in jail. Melody was determined for this trauma not to define her, so she set about finding her path.
- The Port River dolphin
Melody's extraordinary relationship with the Port River dolphin. How an injured, solitary dolphin helped her heal from the scars of her violent past. What she learned from this dolphin and how it helped her heal.
- Resilience and hope
Finding resilience and hope through connecting with the natural world. Melody’s time out on the water with a wild, solitary, friendly dolphin and other dolphins helped her understand the importance of connection and re connecting with the environment.
- The environment
The importance of caring for our environment – for our own good. How ensuring we protect other species on earth and their home will ultimately help us as a society and help us all heal from find peace.
- Metaverse and your brand
The value of building a strategy within the Metaverse for your brand and its future.
Testimonials for Melody Horrill
Melody Horrill’s story is compelling enough to hold the audiences attention but she matches it with her public speaking skills. Her passion for her subject and the professionalism of her approach. She speaks as well as she writes – she is lively, energetic and engaging
Natural Hazards Consulting
Melody Horrill has many years of TV presentation experience – her confidence and skills are just what people can relate to. She is credible. Melody can tailor her message to suit any audience and her message is about hope and resilience, what better message is there?
Melody Horrill has a real presence about her. She’s a great communicator, has a big personality and commands attention in the room.