- Mark Wales was a Special Operations team commander (SAS–Major), 10 tours of duty, 4 tours in Afghanistan.
- Suffered with depression and stress disorders after war fighting in Afghanistan, and worked hard to overcoming this common struggle.
- Alumni of prestigious Ivy League college in the U.S.A (Wharton).
- Associate, McKinsey & Company #1 consulting firm in the world AKA ‘The Firm’.
- Popular contestant on Survivor Australia 2017 - #1 Reality TV show.
- Founded fashion start-up Kill Kapture, a tough-luxury ecommerce brand.
- Author of Survivor, Life in the SAS (published 2021).
- He is a outstanding speaker on leadership and mental resilience.
- 5 pillars for building team resilience
- Learn proven mechanisms to help boost performance and satisfaction in team members.
- Build a clear definition of the mission, and a cadence that allows teams to learn, act and respond faster than the changing environment.
- Learnings are based on Mark’s experience in fighting alongside small, agile teams.
- 5 steps to build individual resilience
- Learn a 5-step sequence for developing team resilience, linking diet, exercise, rest, purpose and connection to build lasting personal resilience.
- The integration of physical and mental health - learn how to view them as a system and not discrete elements.
- This is as much a mental health and wellness keynote than it is a performance session.
- Leading teams remotely
- Learn about how the same principals that allow military special forces to operate on their own for weeks at a time, can be applied to your remote teams.
- Get tips for applying ‘mission command’: this utilised intention-based direction and devolves execution to the coal-face: small teams with speed, initiative and agility.
- Aimed at remote teams and team leaders this leans on Mark's experience as a McKinsey Consultant and Special Ops Officer in wartime.
Mark was fantastic, he has a great story and is extremely professional and well spoken.
Mark Wales was an outstanding Guest Speaker at our regional health service AGM. With a mixed audience of over 200 people including staff and community members, Mark’s fabulous presentation and his very powerful messages resonated with all. The feedback from those attending was exceptionally positive. A truly inspirational man. I could not recommend him more highly as an inspirational and motivational guest speaker.
Northeast Health Wangaratta
Mark delivered a thought-provoking and insightful presentation. He displayed a level of vulnerability which was refreshing and enabled the audience to connect with him and his story. Mark also provided some very practical tips and was able to inspire others to make positive changes for both to improve mental health and perform better in the workplace. Mark made himself available during breaks and lunch to speak with individuals and answer questions and this was appreciated by many. On an administrative note, Mark was easy to contact, engage with and he was punctual and well prepared.
Department of Defence
Wanted to thank you for your presentation to the team on Friday. The feedback from the team was fantastic and certainly hit the right cord in terms of personal and professional challenges. Congratulations on what you have achieved with your business venture to date and if you don’t mind I may get in touch closer to my trip to NY at Christmas for some places to check out. Until then, all the best and ‘who dares wins’!
Design and Build
Mark was very engaging and provided the perfect message that the team required as we head into another year of selling. Mark delivered a message that demonstrated mental strong, commitment, ownership and emotion. I would highly recommend Mark.
Mimecast Aust. Pty. Ltd.
Mark spoke to our group of approximately 100 executives at a high profile leadership offsite. He led topics related to mental health and effective techniques for stress management in the workplace. He was deeply credible and highly engaging, drawing on his experience from both the battlefield and the boardroom. We would be thrilled to have Mark join us again in the future and would certainly recommend him for other engagements.
McKinsey & Company, Dallas
In his ‘Peer Perspectives on Leadership’ keystone speech at Wharton, Mark passed on thrilling lessons about life and leadership as a Troop Commander in the Australian Special Air Service Regiment. The unit specialized in sensitive strategic operations, hostage recovery, counter terrorism, and precision air strikes. Mark completed 10 tours of duty overseas, including in Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, East Timor, and the Solomon Islands. Experiences in each of these countries taught Mark about the importance of how personal values and your perspectives on life can shape your approach to leadership. An unforgettable talk.
Wharton School of Business
I engaged the speaking services of Mark Wales to talk to a team of 30 high level sales consultants about teamwork, resilience, persistence & high performance. Mark not only did this with eloquence t ease & professionalism, he also had the sales team actively engaged throughout his talk by way of questioning and group activities/discussions. I would highly recommend engaging Mark to talk to your staff if you want them to move from good to great.
Sales Team leader
Mark's engaging talk stood out from all the other corporate presentations our team has seen. There were slides filled with personal pictures that helped enhance the stories he was sharing from his time in Special Ops. His unique and interesting experience had takeaways that were directly relevant to our work in business. It was a great way to learn some great tips around working on teams, stress management and doing what you love. I would highly recommend him to any audience looking for a unique and interesting presentation!