- Appointed to the board of Suncorp, 2017.
- Former Federal Minister for Finance and Deregulation.
- Appointed Chairman of the Essendon Football Club.
- A member of the fabled "Gang of Four" at the centre of the Rudd Government and through the Global Financial Crisis.
- Practised as a lawyer before entering Federal Parliament in 1993. His front-bench portfolio responsibilities included Transport, Finance and Communications.
- He is the inaugural Vice-Chancellor's Fellow at Victoria University and an Adjunct Professor at the University. In this role he contributes as a leader in research and knowledge transfer in the area of economic, industry and social analysis, working alongside researchers in relevant faculties, research centres and institutes, as well as industry and government.
- Outside of politics, Lindsay Tanner is a special adviser to financial firm Lazard Australia.
- He was even accorded the rare distinction of an Honorary Fellowship by the CIPS, the first to bestowed outside of the UK.
- From 2014 to 2019, Lindsay served as a member of the First Principles Review of the Department of Defence and has a deep understanding of the complex national security and strategic issues facing Australia.
- The role of relationships in decision making
- The future of the Australian economy
- The global financial crisis
- Regulatory reform
- Corporate governance
- Public sector finance
- Infrastructure Development
- Public-private partnerships
- The Australian political system and Australia's position in the world
- Telecommunications reform
Exceptional speaker & open to take any questions. His presentation had everyone engaged and interested. Excellent in the lead up in organising and delightful to deal with.
Lindsay Tanner has spoken at a number of our events over many years, including intimate boardroom lunches, gala dinners and industry conferences. He has always been stimulating, frank and entertaining, and invariably delivers genuine value. Unlike some in the political world, Lindsay tailors his comments to suit the particular audience and avoids undue partisanship. He speaks in a way that makes politics both exciting for the assembled professionals and yet accessible to the rest of the room.
Managing Director, Tourism and Transport Forum and Deputy Chairman
Infrastructure Partnerships Australia
Excellent. Lindsay gave an excellent presentation that was tailored to the audience, honest and engaging. He certainly added considerable value and interest to the event.
L21 Pty Ltd
The participation of a high-level political commentator such as yourself adds considerable weight and interest to a Conference Program such as ours, and I am certain your insight into our industry, gained over many years, struck a chord with attendees. Your new book “Sideshow: Dumbing Down Democracy”, provides valuable insight into the media cycle and the impact on policy development, which I believe our members would have particularly appreciated. Thank you for helping to make the AMMA 2011 National conference such a success.
Director of Media, Public Affairs & Members Services
Very informative and interesting topic.
Credit Agricole CIB Australia Ltd
Engaging, articulate and entertaining.