- Karni Liddell is a successful and respected Paralympic swimmer.
- Karni has defied Doctors and the odds to have not only lived to the age of 20 but to have successfully embarked on an international sporting career.
- She is still the only woman in Australia with a disability to be on the cover of Inside Sport Magazine.
- Karni is currently the Ambassador for Muscular Dystrophy Association, Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association, Day of Difference Foundation and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Everybody has a choice in life
Karni's life story from diagnosis to Paralympic success to now.
- Surviving life
Overcoming life’s expected and unexpected obstacles, coping and embracing change, how to balance work and lifestyle.
- How to engage and connect with people
Creating strong, lasting, authentic relationships which enable any team to feel connected to each other and to the organisation. Team morale and cohesion are only possible if the team is engaged in what they are doing and respect their leaders. This session is about how to bring out people’s positive spirits.
- Parents Workshop
Educational and inclusive session for parents of children with a disability or chronic illness on surviving, thriving and embracing living with a disability. The session includes practical tips and tricks of navigating through the maze of disability funding and support with minimum need for alcohol and A Current Affair. Karni has an innate and learned understanding of the overwhelming pressures of being a parent of child with a disability and through strategies, stories, theories and solutions she believes that living with a disability can be manageable, joyful and achievable with the appropriate tools, knowledge and support.
- Master of Ceremonies
As a radio presenter, speaker, communications trainer and sports commentator Karni is available and able to host any event with professionalism, empathy, humor, spirit and experience.
Karni was a huge hit with all of our delegates. She was also very easy to deal with and was happy to stay around afterwards to speak with them prior to her departure.
Excellent! Karni's presentation at our Annual Above and Beyond Awards was exceptional. She captivated every member of our audience, and her speech was very relevant to our Corporate Values.Our Chairman and Chief Executive were particularly impressed.Karni comes Highly Recommended.
Karni’s speech was from the heart, which was humorous, inspirational and very humbling for all audience members.
St Margarets Anglican Girls School
Karni was fantastic! The feedback from the young women who attended our Gala was incredibly positive. We all enjoyed her enthusiastic and engaging speaking style, and of course the incredibly inspiring story of her life so far.
Intercept Youth & Family Service