Farah Mohamed Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Farah Mohamed
- Farah Mohamed is th former CEO of the Malala Fund, Founder and Advisor to G(irls)20.
- Some of her awards include 2018 The Progress 1000 - London’s Most Influential People, 2017 Governor General’s Meritorious Service Medal, 2016 Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal, 2015 Diversity 50 Salt - The World's 100 Most Inspiring Women, and 2014 and 2012 Canada’s Top 25 Immigrant Women of Influence - Top 25 Most Influential Women in Canada.
- Farah is passionate about working with young people to empower them at a crucial time in their development, and she works tirelessly to engage the private sector and government leaders in a way that makes economic sense: to place girls and women at the heart of the economic decision making and yield the benefits in doing so.
- She worked closely with some of Canada’s most senior politicians including Paddy Torsney and Anne McLellan for 10 years.
- Farah has also served as Vice President, Public Affairs and Community Engagement for VON Canada where she was successful in building government and private sector partnerships.
Topics for Farah Mohamed
- Leadership at the International Level
Farah Mohamed knows the power of making an impact at a national and international level. She shares how to start a movement on a global scale; change the narrative, ensure you have the skills, then drive change in terms of real actions and impact. Her success in developing and leading organizations like Malala Fund, G(irls)20 and The Belinda Stronach Foundation led her to launch programs around the world that empower young leaders. Farah’s international roles include work as co-anchor, The Clinton Global Initiative’s Network on Investing in Girls & Women, and Advisor, Virgin Unite Canada (Richard Branson’s foundation).
- Gender Parity in Jeopardy
Given the positive impact it has on the economy, climate change & peace and security, Farah has spent the past decade encouraging companies and governments to mainstream gender parity. Armed with empirical and anecdotal data, Farah demonstrates how progress on gender equality is not just slow – in some places, it’s reversing. This lack of movement, combined with the current public debate about how women are treated in workplaces and wider society has put gender parity in jeopardy.
- Master of Ceremonies
Testimonials for Farah Mohamed
I'm very proud to announce that Farah Mohamed, a refugee who fled Uganda and came to Canada as a child, is Malala Fund's new CEO. A Canadian will now lead the fight for girls' education around the world.
Nobel Prize Laureate and Founder, Malala Fund
Amazing to listen to your candid, honest approach to business and life. You were a standout speaker in a brilliant day. I am raising and empowering 2 beautiful daughters everyday and thank you for the opportunities you are creating for young girls and women worldwide.
We Day Winnipeg Attendee
Farah Mohamed delivers her remarkable journey to her audience with enthusiasm, humour and insight. Her audience is energized and encouraged by her presentation which is well researched, well delivered and well received. She connects the dots in a convincing manner.
Honourable Paddy Torsney, Permanent Observer, IPU to the United Nations
Farah is a renowned leader and global advocate for women and girls. She is a compelling storyteller and presenter with powerful stories of humanity and change from around the world. Farah is one of Canada's most prized exports!
Foundation for Young Australians