Evonne Goolagong-Cawley AC, MBE Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Evonne Goolagong-Cawley AC, MBE
- Evonne Goolagong-Cawley, AC, MBE, one of Australia's greatest tennis players of all time, was ranked the number one player in the world in 1971 and 1976. In total she won 92 pro tournaments, was a finalist in 18 Grand Slam singles events winning at Wimbledon twice, the Australian Open 4 times, the French Open once and was runner up 4 years in succession at the US Open.
- Australian of the Year and Australian Sportsman of the Year. Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) and Officer of the Order of Australia (AO).
- Board member of the Australian Sports Commission 1995-1996.
- Appointed by Tennis Australia as an ‘Ambassador for the Sport of Tennis’ 1998-2005, 2012-2024.
- Served as a Board member of the Indigenous Land Corporation 2007-2011, was elected to the board of the National Centre of Indigenous Excellence 2008.
- In 2012, established and became the first Chair of the Evonne Goolagong Foundation.
- Received Honorary Doctorates from Charles Sturt University, Griffith University, the University of Sydney and the University of South Australia and an Honorary Fellowship from Monash University.
- Received the Philipe Chatrier Award in 2018, the International Tennis Federation's highest accolade given for exceptional contributions to tennis on and off the court.
Topics for Evonne Goolagong-Cawley AC, MBE
Testimonials for Evonne Goolagong-Cawley AC, MBE
Evonne was super lovely and great to work with. Such a fabulous speaker, so inspiring and uplifting .
Evonne was great. A question and answer type presenting worked well.
Blacktown City Council