Dr Dinesh Palipana OAM Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Dr Dinesh Palipana OAM
- Dr Dinesh Palipana is a doctor, lawyer, disability advocate, and researcher.
- Dr Palipana was the first quadriplegic medical intern in Queensland and the second person to graduate medical school with quadriplegia in Australia.
- He was involved in a motor vehicle accident halfway through medical school, which resulted in a cervical spinal cord injury.
- As a result of his injury and experiences, Dinesh has been a strong advocate for inclusion. He is a founding member of Doctors with Disabilities Australia.
- Dinesh works in the emergency department at the Gold Coast University Hospital; is a senior lecturer at the Griffith University and adjunct research fellow at the Menzies Health Institute of Queensland; a research fellow at the Jamieson Trauma Institute; a researcher in spinal cord injury; and a doctor for the Gold Coast Titans physical disability rugby team.
- In 2023, Dinesh became a John Monash Scholar.
- Dinesh joined the advisory board of healthylife in 2023.
- Dinesh is a senior advisor to the Disability Royal Commission and an ambassador to the Human Rights Commission’s Includeability program. He was a 2021 International Day of People with Disability ambassador.
- He was the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service’s Junior Doctor of the Year in 2018 and was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia in 2019. He was the third Australian to be awarded a Henry Viscardi Achievement Award and the 2021 Griffith University Young Alumnus of the Year.
- Dr Dinesh Palipana is the 2021 Queensland Australian of the Year.
Topics for Dr Dinesh Palipana OAM
- Human rights
- Scientific research
- Spinal cord injury
- Diversity and inclusion
Testimonials for Dr Dinesh Palipana OAM
Excellent speaker with an exceptional ability to answer questions succinctly, but with an impactful amount of detail.
Australian Government Leadership Network (AGLN-Q) not for profit)
Dinesh Palipana connected with both audiences and adapted his talk to be made appropriate for each.