Andrew Lock OAM Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Andrew Lock OAM
- Andrew Lock's hundreds of clients over 30 years of professional keynote speaking including NSW Blues State of Origin team, Deloitte, ANZ Bank, Deutch Bank, Toyota, Optus, Cisco, Baxter Pharmaceuticals, ABIGroup, Brisbane City Council, AFL, to name just a few. 50% of his presentations are repeat business.
- He tailors every presentation to meet the specific needs of each client.
- Andrew Lock OAM specializes in leading and managing teams in highly adverse and uncertain environments; precisely what organisations face in today’s constantly and rapidly changing financial, political and technological world.
- His background is far more comprehensive than just climbing the world’s highest peaks. He has led over 100 exploratory, research and remote area teams to every continent on earth, including Antarctica, for private entities, government and the corporate sector.
- Andrew holds a Bachelor of Social Science, has 35 years’ service in the Military and Emergency Services and 8 years as a Director in the field of federal National Security. Andrew Lock was appointed expedition leader to Australia’s most remote Antarctic Research Station and was the International Manager for Australia’s largest ever international counter terrorism exercise.
- He was featured in the DISCOVERY CHANNEL 6 part mini series - Everest: Ultimate Survival and is the acclaimed author of SUMMIT 8000 and MASTER OF THIN AIR.
- Andrew Lock was awarded the Order of Australia, the Australian Commendation for Bravery, the Australian Overseas Humanitarian Service Medal, Australian Geographic Adventurer of the Year, twice nominated for Australian of the Year, and twice awarded the Mount Everest medal by the Government of Nepal.
- Andrew is the official Ambassador for Scouts Australia, the Sir David Martin Foundation and the Australian Himalayan Foundation.
Topics for Andrew Lock OAM
With over 20 years’ experience inspiring hundreds of corporate and public sector audiences, Andrew’s key presentations include;
- Summit secrets - Leading to succeed
- Risk – It IS worth it!
- The Alpine Style organisation - Embracing uncertainty and harnessing innovation
- Summit ready – Creating high performing teams that succeed from the start
- Summit 8000 – The farthest goal
Frequently, clients seek a mix of the above themes and Andrew is happy to develop specific presentations or workshops unique to your organisation’s priorities. Common themes include; Leadership, Teamwork, Risk Management, Goal Setting, Planning, Culture, Commitment, Communication, Values, Integrity, Motivation, Dealing with Adversity, Resilience & Agility.
Testimonials for Andrew Lock OAM
Fantastic, engaging speaker with a great message.
Local Government Professionals Australia
His speech was very engaging and would recommend as a fantastic option for a formal dinner with professional development theme.
Australian Defence Force Academy
We were looking for an exceptional speaker for our recent Client Conference. After looking at quite a few speakers, we settled on Andrew Lock. Personally I am very grateful for having Andrew Lock speak at our conference. I was very moved by his presentation, as were the 100 people in the room. Andrew does a great job. He truly makes a difference. Our clients are still talking about every facet that Andrew spoke about – the systems under adversity, leadership at the highest level, culture, risk analysis, to name a few. My advice is to book him now!
Entrepreneurial Business School
Your address inspired and motivated delegates encouraging each of them to question and challenge their individual approach to project management and how they contribute. The response to your address has been overwhelmingly positive. Your presentation reinforced values of getting things done, working together and having the courage to make a difference.
Chief Executive Officer
Brisbane City Council
You engaged with the 99% women’s audience with uncanny ease! Not what you would naturally expect discussing the extreme sport of high altitude mountaineering. We all went away inspired, motivated and able to make very clear and useful connections between your story and our daily lives.
Only About Children
I have received so many positive comments regarding Andrew Lock’s presentation – it was the perfect end to a 3 day conference (and the 6th day for some who had pre-meetings). He provided an excellent blend of inspiration and knowledge take aways.
Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors
Andrew Lock was very engaging and provided some useful insights that our employees took away.
Most importantly thank you so much for your inspirational presentation on Monday. When I looked around the room I could see people shaking their heads with disbelief as you spoke about your conquests. Not to mention on Tuesday morning as all of us here at the Sydney office discussed it all over again. Thank you Andrew, I look forward to working with you in the future.
Raine & Horne
Andrew Lock presented a compelling and fascinating story, which kept people's interests and captivated their imaginations. The group extracted a lot of learning from the presentation and it set them up to have a very constructive conversation about our biggest issues. Andrew did a great presentation; his use of mixed media meant you got a real sense of the physical environment he was speaking about. We were delighted with his speech and would definitely recommend him to others.
Head of Human Resources, Markets
The management team couldn't stop talking about your presentation today and I'm sure when I get to the office on Monday the staff will be buzzing. Thank you so much for the thought you put into both presentations. They were perfect.
Andrew Lock’s presentation was both insightful and entertaining. He has the credibility and real life experience that really captured our guests imagination. He also was able to relate the issues of leadership, strategy and team culture on Everest back to Australia's boardrooms.
Joint Managing Director
Crown & Marks Executive Search
Your presentation at our recent training weekend was the highlight of our program.
Manager, Customer Relations Department
Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Ltd
Supporting our conference theme…, your talk was relevant, succinct and highly motivating. Our team was still on a high for the two days of the conference following your presentation.
Craig Mostyn & Co Pty Ltd
Just a quick note to thank you for your exhilarating talk at our recent national sales conference. Your talk demonstrated very succinctly the vital role teamwork and communication takes.
Halley & Mellowes Pty Ltd
I applaud Andrew Lock on his approach and commitment to our Forum. It is rare to find a key note speaker who is willing to commit so much time and energy into getting to know and understand the organisation to whom they are speaker. Andrew did this and subsequently tailored his presentation to the issues, themes and messages that underpinned the whole Forum. Even though Andrew has such a rich tapestry of experience to draw from, it was his ability to weave his story into the business messages of the conference that resulted in the Forum participants, and my clients, to talk about Andrew’s impact for days afterwards. I simply couldn’t have asked for a better speaker to augment the Forum. I would recommend Andrew to facilitators and conferences wholeheartedly.
An incredible, inspiring, exhilarating and motivating presenter. Andrew Lock had a complicated presentation brief but he delivered it perfectly. He was humble and yet inspirational, he was elite and yet convincing. Andrew delivers a very strong message in regards to tackling everyday tasks in addition to the importance of team work and leadership. Andrew’s story and real- life images captivated the audience and added great value to the day. I highly recommend Andrew as a keynote for any event looking to inspire and leave your audience in awe.
Senior Policy Officer
W. A. Department of Sport and Recreation