Star of ABC's hit TV show, The Gruen Transfer, Todd Sampson is the CEO of Leo Burnett, one of Australia's top creative advertising agencies. Leo Burnett was voted Media Agency of the Year 2010.
The rich and varied life of advertising executive Todd Sampson began on Cape Breton Island, off the north east coast of Canada. Todd is now the CEO of Leo Burnett, one of Australia’s top creative advertising agencies and is one of the few CEOs in advertising to come from a strategy background - having spent 10 years as Head of Strategy.
Leo Burnett has been voted Media Agency of the Year in 2010, was the winner of the Media Grand Prix for Creative and Innovative work and was also voted stand out Australian agency at the 2010 Cannes Lions – 2x Gold, 4x Silver and 3x bronze.
Todd is also the breakout star of the hit ABC television show The Gruen Transfer and features regularly on channels Ten’s 7pm Project.
A dynamic individual, with an MBA, outside work Todd is passionate about his family and mountain climbing, having completed an unguided ascent to the top of Mount Everest.
- Star of ABC's hit TV show 'The Gruen Transfer' Todd Sampson is the CEO of Leo Burnett, one of Australia's top creative advertising agencies which was voted Media Agency of the Year 2010.
- Todd Sampson is the co-creator of the Earth Hour initiative, has been recognised as one the best ideas in the world and awarded the coveted Titanium at Cannes and Yahoo Chair for Innovation. In 2009, 1 billion people participated in Earth Hour making it the biggest environment movement in history.
- He was also ranked as the as the most influential advertising executive in Australia by the Financial Review, the most influential men under 45 by Men's Style and was nominated for GQ Man of the Year.
- Todd has an MBA and outside of work enjoys mountain climbing and has completed an unguided ascent to the top of Mount Everest.
- An entrepreneur and technology strategist, with more than a dozen years experience in the online sector Todd is also one of the most awarded strategists behind some of Australia's highest profile work.
- Todd Sampson is highly regarded and available to share his creative genius - Todd's presentation is a combination of creativity, idea generation, leadership, culture change, earth hour, problem solving, innovation, bravery and adventure all wrapped up into one real life personal journey. It offers practical advice in a unique and plain speaking way.
Todd is the CEO of Leo Burnett, Australia’s top creative agency. In 2012, Leo Burnett was ranked as the 7th most creative agency in the world and the only Australian company to ever make the top 10.
Todd is the co-creator of the Earth Hour initiative – which has been recognized as one of the best ideas globally with over 1.4 billion people taking part in over 5000 cities.
The Financial Review ranked Todd as one of the most powerful executives in Australia.
Todd is the breakout star of the hit ABC television show The Gruen Transfer and a co-host of Channel Ten’s The Project.
Todd has also climbed to the top of Mount Everest unguided.
- Advertising/ Marketing and Branding
Since 2005, we have been running a bi-annual speaker event with some of the top speakers in Australia and Todd's feedback from the students is the most positive so far. Todd is an engaging and well-prepared speaker who builds instant and effective rapport with his audience. Not only was he a fantastic speaker but he was also a friendly and relaxed guest. We could not have been more pleased with Todd as a keynote speaker. His ability to blend captivating stories, humour and honest advice about
leadership, creativity and life challenges was refreshing and really spoke to our audience. I would recommend Todd as a speaker to anyone. Many, many thanks!
Macquarie University 2009
I have been to a lot of conferences and heard a lot of speakers but that was the most inspirational and honest speech I have ever heard.
Macquarie Bank Global Investments 2010
He was fantastic! Everyone loved him and followed him out of the hall, buzzing with questions. He was so friendly, down to earth and engaging. He was not only inspirational but funny and approachable, and a leader through practice. He stayed on for a long time
just chatting. We couldn’t have been happier.
Golden Key International Conference 2010
I was just writing to let you know how much I enjoyed the speech you gave to us last week. Being a rugby player, I've been lucky enough to have seen a lot of inspirational people speak. However, I can honestly say that I think your talk was easily the best one I've ever seen, and definitely the most inspirational. I think a few of us in the room had the same sort of experience you had when you were listening to that drunk CD at uni all
those years ago, not necessarily regarding just advertising, but living in general. Thanks
especially for taking the time to come and speak to us on your birthday, and good luck in the future.
The guys were all raving about it and are all talking about how to make some tangible changes as a result of Todd's message and how we turn ideas into executable outcomes. He also hit the nail on the head with two key points, 1) difference between art and creativity and 2) problem identification in addition to his main message of fear stifling creativity. Yes.... lots to think about. He's also a great guy...you can see why he is so well regarded.
Wow, Wednesday night really kicked the group into a place they needed. I have had people tell me your presentation was the best thing they have ever seen and heard in their working lives. Today I am still getting feedback and many actually are thinking of
following through on your concepts. We will definitely be keen to get you again next year to stir them up again, hopefully you won't have to kiss anyone next time!
IDP Education Australia 2009
The feedback from our customers, partners and employees has been fantastic – you scored 4.65 out of 5 in the evaluations. This is a great score and one of our highest in the last few years for our guest keynote speaker. The verbal feedback we received was also incredible – words to describe the experience: passionate, engaging, energetic, emotional, fresh, current and inspirational.