- Tim and Rod are best known as the 2019 winners of The Amazing Race.
- They credit their win to teamwork and determination not only on the show but in life.
- The first gay married couple on Australian television, they love inspiring and empowering the LGBTIQA+ community and normalising the appearance of queer people in prime time.
- Through their stories, they hope to empower gay or just different kids to be themselves while having a good laugh at their expense!
- Hosts of podcast The Real Househusbands.
- Effective communication
- Team work
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Overcoming adversity
In January 2020 we held a conference to bring together our sales and marketing teams to kick off our 2020 plan. As a surprise for our team we engaged the services of Rod and Tim and leveraged their appearance to build on our ‘Amazing Race’ theme which was already in place. The boys were provided with an overview of our market, challenges and our vision for 2020. Their presentation was perfectly tailored to our strategic direction and the boys were able to align some of the challenges that they overcame in their “Amazing Race” to real life situations that our teams are currently facing. They spoke about the emotions they felt during the journey, the teamwork required, communication, planning and leveraging strengths. They were able to present their story in a personal yet professional manner in an energetic and relevant way that engaged our audience and resulted in overwhelmingly positive feedback. Due to a “short notice” change of venue and logistics due to the NSW Bushfire crisis, both Rod and Tim showed great flexibility and were more than happy to work in with our plans without an issue. All of the above was even more impressive considering that this was their first public engagement after winning the Amazing Race Australia. I have no hesitation in providing my strongest recommendation for Tim and Rod for any company/individuals looking for something a little different to your normal corporate motivational speakers without risk of minimising the business impact.
Business Franchise Director