- The Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean is the Former Secretary General, la Francophonie and Former Governor General of Canada.
- She is the Co-President of the Michaëlle Jean Foundation.
- Is the recipient of the 2011 Grand Cross of the National Order of the Legion of Honour.
- Is the recipient of the 2010 United Nations Development Fund for Women, Canada Award.
- She speaks five languages and is passionate about diplomacy, culture, education, governance, diversity and global solidarity.
- Transforming Lives and Revitalizing Communities
Drawing from her personal story, Ms. Jean speaks passionately about the importance of using leadership as a creative vehicle to transform lives and revitalize communities across Canada and around the world.
- Sustaining Women in Leadership
Using her experience building networks of shelters for battered women and becoming Canada’s first female Commander-in-Chief of African descent, Ms. Jean shares her insights on the intrinsic value of women leadership and on the conditions necessary to transform young women into the new generation of leaders.
- Education as the key to Freedom
Ms. Jean speaks from the heart about the extent to which educators can have a life-changing impact on their students by creating inclusive spaces of learning, creativity, and civic virtue.
- Social Transformation through the Arts
Ms. Jean discusses the ways in which the arts can be used to foster social harmony, civic engagement, inclusion and innovation.
- Platform Plus
- In Conversation
When she met the families of soldiers killed in Afghanistan, she showed a rare empathy for their pain. When she travelled abroad, she related as an internationally minded person to people in other situations, speaking different languages. When she went to the Arctic, she ate seal meat; when she met the poor, she was never condescending; when she gathered women's groups to Rideau Hall, she was one of them; when she handed out honours or met diplomats, she spoke to the occasion with fitting words.
Globe and Mail
Mme. Jean was a delight to have present in our group. Her message was inspiring and her presence was bold and impactful. She is the perfect touch of class and she was truly passionate in presenting her speech, and her passion was contagious. She showed us both her serious and professional side along with her fun spirit and charming nature. It was a perfect blend of both and really was a phenomenal end to a very powerful day.