Susie Maroney OAM Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Susie Maroney OAM
- Susie Maroney OAM is a legend of marathon swimming.
- In 1990 Susie became the first person to swim from Many to Darling Habour and back again.
- In that same year she broke the speed record for swimming the English Channel.
- In 1991 Susie won the Channel 10 Young Achievers Sport Award.
- Susie was awarded the Order of Australia Medal for her services to sport in 1993.
- In 1998 Susie swan a record 197km from Mexico to Cuba, covering the longest distance ever swum without flippers in open sea. She completed the journey is 38 hours and 33 minutes.
- Susie is a member of swimming's International Hall of Fame.
- Australian Survivor contestant, 2019.
Topics for Susie Maroney OAM
- Marathon swimming