- Starting as a professional actor, Patrick became one of the founding members and artistic director of the Court Jesters, Australasia’s largest improvisation company
- As part of an international performance duo ‘The Shenanigan Brothers’ Patrick spent many years performing and teaching improvisation in Germany and throughout Europe
- With over 20 years' experience as an improviser Patrick is easily considered one of the top in his field and brings a sense of delight, playfulness and knowledge to his work
- Patrick has represented NZ in Improv festivals in the US, won both the NZ and Australian National title as well as the VIC regionals and the Celebrity Championship title.
- Engage your team
- Enhance the social system of your organisation; through inclusion, creating trust and mutual support by valuing the ideas of others while developing a sense of cooperation and collaboration
- Participants will explore shared leadership, learn active listening skills, remove competitive tensions, develop self-awareness and sensitivity to others
- Expand your creative potential
- This presentation uses improvisation techniques to explore approaches to overcoming the creative 'block'
- In a supportive and fun filled workshop environment, you'll learn to face the unknown with courage, take risks, and generate ideas spontaneously while developing lateral thinking and you challenge assumptions and preconceptions
- React and adapt
- Improvisation is about reacting, being focused and present in a moment at a very high level
- This workshop consists of exercises that train you to overcome the fear of improvising, it will build your confidence and teach you to listen actively, enabling you to react, adapt and deal gracefully with the unexpected
- Corporate comedy "pro's"
- It's one thing to have your team trained by some of the best impro performers in Australia, another to have your team BE the performers
- In this inspiring and challenging team-building workshop, Patrick will help your team members prepare an impro show that will be performed to each other (or better yet, the whole company)
- The workshop focuses on risk-taking, collaboration and trust. Patrick will turn your corporate employees into comedy pros (ok, perhaps not pros)
- This workshop is a hilarious way to have your team members stretch outside their comfort zone all while creating a sense of comradery
- Improvised comedy show
- Patrick and his team customise an improvised comedy show to highlight your company and personnel with the results being an incredibly entertaining series of comedic scenes
After the success of the 2016 AMP sales conference, it was an absolute pleasure to have the opportunity to work with Geoff and Patrick again this year on the 2017 AMP sales conference. Their enthusiasm, creativity, intelligent communication skills and theatrical experience helped us to deliver the key messages in a fresh and engaging way, not only improving the experience for the audience and participants but making working with them during the planning a delight.
The work that they did in preparing and supporting our leadership team and internal speakers leading up to the event was bespoke and appreciated by all. During the conference, they were on hand every spare minute to support our fundraising activity, rehearsing internal presenters and going above and beyond to connect with the audience. They loved them. Our very grateful thanks to Geoff and Patrick for contributing so significantly to this year’s conference, most assuredly making the difference between a good and great event. We look forward to working with them again!
Sales Events Manager
Patrick Duffy has hosted our last 4 National Conferences, in Queenstown, Hawaii, Los Angeles and recently in Hong Kong, we keep bringing him back due to his incredible talent, humour and rapport with our delegates. This year assisted by Geoff Paine as The Confidence men he also presented a customised and highly entertaining keynote. The delegates embraced the interactive presentation with an openness to match the knowledge and charm of these two highly experienced and talented speakers. I can't recommend Patrick and these guys highly enough - they have a talent and rapport that is infectious and excel in making a conference energised and truly memorable.
His outstanding humour and his varied outrageous clever characters have been nothing short of brilliant. His incredible knowledge and exceptional ability to interact with the group on all levels whilst maximising the entertainment factor and maintain a level of professionalism is truly quite amazing!