Michael Usher Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Michael Usher
- Michael’s career in broadcast journalism began as a final-year cadet at Golden West Television Network in 1990, before he joined STW9 Perth.
- In 1993 Michael moved to Sydney, where he reported the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, 2000 Sydney Olympics (and two subsequent Olympic & Commonwealth games).
- Michael’s passion for travel & history saw him assigned to Nine’s US Bureau as a correspondent in 2001, & London Bureau (covering Europe & Middle East) in 2004.
- Michael has covered many of the stories that defined the generation, including: 9/ 11 terrorist attacks, London subway bombings and death of Pope John Paul II.
- In 2006, Michael presented Nightline and In 2007 he was appointed news presenter for the Sunday program.
- In 2009 he joined the 60 minutes team– hosting the first leaders’ debate between Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott prior to 2010 Australian Federal Election.
Topics for Michael Usher
- Master of Ceremonies