- Mary Coustas is the winner of two awards for Best Comedy Performer, a Logie Award as voted by the Australian public and a Variety Heart Award as voted by her industry peers.
- She is one of Australia's best loved character actors and comics.
- Mary is famously adored for her character "Effie".
- As an extremely talented master of ceremonies or compere, Mary will have your audience on the edge of their seats.
- Staff self-esteem building
- Corporate dinners
- Awards nights
- Community uplifting
- Boardroom bonding
- A Corporate Date With Effie (hilarious comedy routine)
- Lighten up any corporate event with Australia's iconic, hilarious & up-herself high flyer. This Logie award winning legend will make your corporate occasion unforgettable with her new comedy routine, 'A Corporate Date with Effie'. Be entertained, informed and uplifted about the things that drive us all to succeed: selling yourself in a dog eat dog world, pursuing what you desire, and closing the deal, in a way that only Effie's humour and honesty can deliver.
- It's all about Me!
- Effie is the Logie award winning creation of Mary Coustas, an actress and writer. Her beloved character of Effie became a cultural phenomenon after the success of Wogs Out of Work. The social significance of that theatre show gave birth to a many more: Acropolis Now, Wogarama, Waiting for Effie, Effie Just Quietly, Greeks on the Roof.
- The Effie effect
- Whether it’s staff self-esteem building, corporate dinners, awards nights, community uplifting, boardroom bonding, hypotheticals, debates or government bureaucratic finessing — whatever. Effie can be a mouthpiece, your soldier, a corporate and social carbonator extraordinaire. The long-term benefits are there for you to gain from. She can be yours for a price.
Great session. Terrific to work with in preparation and on the night.
Capstone Financial Planning
Mary provided a warm and genuine insight into her life and was a pleasure to work with. We were so very lucky to engage her to be our guest speaker at our annual luncheon where she wowed the crowd with her personal words and openness.
We should pay Effie double – she was quite simply FANTASTIC – particularly Effie’s line – “It’s not DOG eat DOG – it’s WOG eat WOG”! Everyone I’ve spoken to also thinks it was the best ever! It was a great night.
People are RAVING about it being the best one ever. Seriously raving. It’s great. Effie was a sensation and they’re raving about her too. And everyone has a hangover.
Guys and gals. What a great night! Feedback this morning has been outstanding... The best Ball ever, is the common view. Effie slayed ’em. As John Howard said, the Ball has become THE Canberra event to attend.
Wow – what a night! The feedback from guests and staff has been absolutely incredible. Your comical anecdotes were a great hit and your banter with Larry was very entertaining. I can’t begin to thank you for your contribution in making our Client Appreciation Party a night that will be remembered for many years to come.
Your presence and the comedy spot you delivered were instant hits with our clients and staff members alike. We are still in awe of the way in which you spiced up the information we gave you and delivered it with such aplomb.
Minter Ellison Lawyers
I would like to thank you for your participation in the National Conference, ‘Quest for Excellence’ which contributed to the success of the event.
Thank you again for bringing Effie along to our Consumer Finance “Expo” last week. The feedback from staff has been incredible – they loved the fact that a ‘star’ of Effie’s calibre would come along to an event like this and be so tuned in to the theme of the event.
The standard of entertainment was second to none. As Master of ceremonies, you delighted the audience as well as conveying all our key messages in your uniquely wicked way. It was a night we will all remember.
2002 Gay Games
Mary was very funny, engaging and connected with our audience.
NAFDA Pty Ltd.