Mary Coustas Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Mary Coustas
- Effie's effervescent creator, Mary Coustas, conquered the stage and screen, earning a Best Comedy Performer Logie Award for her iconic character.
- With her comedic brilliance, Mary headlined record-breaking theatrical hits like "Wog A Rama" and the emotionally charged "Waiting for Effie."
- An engaging MC, Mary has hosted numerous events, seamlessly connecting with audiences and keeping the energy alive.
- A versatile talent, Mary's TV credits include "Skirts," "Wildside," and "Rake 2," alongside an AFI Nomination for Best Supporting Actress in film.
- Beyond the spotlight, Mary is a celebrated author, with books like "Effie's Guide to Being Up Yourself" and the heartwarming "All I Know," touching the nation's soul.
Topics for Mary Coustas
- Master of ceremonies
- Staff self-esteem building
- Corporate dinners
- Awards nights
- Community uplifting
- Boardroom bonding
- A corporate date With Effie (hilarious comedy routine)
- Lighten up any corporate event with Australia's iconic, hilarious & up-herself high flyer. This Logie award winning legend will make your corporate occasion unforgettable with her new comedy routine, 'A Corporate Date with Effie'. Be entertained, informed and uplifted about the things that drive us all to succeed: selling yourself in a dog eat dog world, pursuing what you desire, and closing the deal, in a way that only Effie's humour and honesty can deliver.
- It's all about Me!
- Effie is the Logie award winning creation of Mary Coustas, an actress and writer. Her beloved character of Effie became a cultural phenomenon after the success of Wogs Out of Work. The social significance of that theatre show gave birth to a many more: Acropolis Now, Wogarama, Waiting for Effie, Effie Just Quietly, Greeks on the Roof.
- The Effie effect
- Whether it’s staff self-esteem building, corporate dinners, awards nights, community uplifting, boardroom bonding, hypotheticals, debates or government bureaucratic finessing — whatever. Effie can be a mouthpiece, your soldier, a corporate and social carbonator extraordinaire. The long-term benefits are there for you to gain from. She can be yours for a price.
Testimonials for Mary Coustas
Great session. Terrific to work with in preparation and on the night.
Capstone Financial Planning
Mary Coustas provided a warm and genuine insight into her life and was a pleasure to work with. We were so very lucky to engage her to be our guest speaker at our annual luncheon where she wowed the crowd with her personal words and openness.
We should pay Effie double – she was quite simply FANTASTIC – particularly Effie’s line – “It’s not DOG eat DOG – it’s WOG eat WOG”! Everyone I’ve spoken to also thinks it was the best ever! It was a great night.
People are RAVING about it being the best one ever. Seriously raving. It’s great. Effie was a sensation and they’re raving about her too. And everyone has a hangover.
Guys and gals. What a great night! Feedback this morning has been outstanding... The best Ball ever, is the common view. Effie slayed ’em. As John Howard said, the Ball has become THE Canberra event to attend.
Wow – what a night! The feedback from guests and staff has been absolutely incredible. Your comical anecdotes were a great hit and your banter with Larry was very entertaining. I can’t begin to thank you for your contribution in making our Client Appreciation Party a night that will be remembered for many years to come.
Your presence and the comedy spot you delivered were instant hits with our clients and staff members alike. We are still in awe of the way in which you spiced up the information we gave you and delivered it with such aplomb.
Minter Ellison Lawyers
I would like to thank you for your participation in the National Conference, ‘Quest for Excellence’ which contributed to the success of the event.
Thank you again for bringing Effie along to our Consumer Finance “Expo” last week. The feedback from staff has been incredible – they loved the fact that a ‘star’ of Effie’s calibre would come along to an event like this and be so tuned in to the theme of the event.
The standard of entertainment was second to none. As Master of ceremonies, you delighted the audience as well as conveying all our key messages in your uniquely wicked way. It was a night we will all remember.
2002 Gay Games
Mary Coustas was very funny, engaging and connected with our audience.
NAFDA Pty Ltd.