- Dr Mark van Rijmenam is the founder of Datafloq and founding partner of The Digital Leadership Initiative.
- He is the author the best-selling book Think Bigger - Developing a Successful Big Data Strategy for Your Business with his third book, The Organisation of Tomorrow, published in Q1 2019.
- He is the author of Our World and The Organisation of Tomorrow and co-author of Blockchain: Transforming Your Business.
- He is recognised as a global top 10 Big Data Influencer and publisher of the f(x) = ex newsletter read by thousands of executives.
VIRTUAL AND LIVE
- The Digital Speaker
- The Hologram Concept
This unique keynote brings The Digital Speaker live at your event as a hologram.
- The Avatar Concept
An event in virtual reality will help you stand out in the stream of digital events.
- Avatar as Hologram
If you want to opt for something truly magical, go hybrid and invite Mark’s avatar as a hologram on your stage.
- Traditional webinar or virtual keynote
Apart from these digital experiences, The Digital Speaker can also be booked for a more traditional webinar or virtual keynote, but it is of course also possible to have the real Mark on stage, where he can even have a live conversation with his digital twin as a hologram.
- The Hologram Concept
- Big Data is Dead, Long Live Big Data
No longer is big data a hype, but that doesn’t mean big data is no longer important. On the contrary, Big Data has become more important than ever
- The Future of The Internet of Things is Distributed
The Internet of Things is radically changing our society and with the emergence of Blockchain, it has become a whole lot interesting
- Building the Future; One Block at a Time
We live in a world of accelerated change and the 4th Industrial Revolution is upon us. Disruptive Innovations such as Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, 3D Printing or VR/AR are being developed at an exponential pace. The common denominator of all these innovations? They produce data, lots of it, which can be used to create magical experiences that were unthinkable before.
- The Organisation of Tomorrow
Why is now the time to start with digitally transforming your organisation or government?
- Datafy your Business
- What is big data and how will big data change your organisation or government?
- What is the Internet of Things and why is it important?
- Why is data quality and governance vital for the organisation or government of tomorrow?
- How to deal with data privacy and security in a data-driven society?
- Distribute your Data
- The cloud vs distributed ledger technologies: what are they and why do they matter?
- Why is blockchain a fundamental technology that changes the fabric of our society?
- What is edge computing and why should the government operate in the cloud?
- Why do cryptocurrencies matter and how can your organisation benefit from them?
- When not to use blockchain in your organisation or government?
- What policies should a government develop around cryptocurrencies?
- Analyse your Data
- What is the difference between descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics?
- Why will analytics result in open strategy and how does that change policymaking?
- How does analytics change when big data and blockchain are combined?
- The importance of context when trying to understand your environment.
- Automate your Processes
- What is artificial intelligence and what are smart contracts? Wat are the latest trends and startups to be aware of?
- How is artificial intelligence changing how you interact with your customers. How can marketing, customer service or sales benefit from conversational AI?
- Why is AI like Lego and how to start with AI?
- How do you ensure that AI behaves the way we want it and how can we prevent AI from inflicting any damage on those actors involved?
- Conclusion: Getting serious with Digital Transformation
- What will the future of work bring you and how do you get serious with digital transformation in your organisation or government.
- Datafy your Business
- Unlock.Digital Training
Unlock.Digital Training is unique as it is a training for all employees to become digital, instead of just focusing on senior management and executives.
Digital transformation is now a prerequisite for companies to maintain their competitive or leading position. Especially in these uncertain times, it has become apparent that digitisation is indispensable for companies if they want to be or remain successful. Successful organisations understand that only incremental improvements, i.e. doing digital, is not enough in the long term. But that transformational change, i.e. being digital, must be ensured.
Mark van Rijmenam delivered an excellent keynote presentation at Big Data Week London 2016. I knew it was going to be a great talk, since his reputation preceded him, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that his expertise goes beyond the big data field. Mark has a way of framing topics through an extensive web of inter-disciplinary insight and know-how that pushes the conversation forward for all of us. If you are in search of a speaker that can bring both inspiration and actionable advice to your event, Mark is your guy.
Big Data Week
Thanks to Mark, Africa’s retailers now have invaluable in-depth insight into the need for Big Data and the multiple ways retailers can make use of the trend. Our delegates loved him and so did his fellow speakers. As the Conference Manager for Retail World Africa 2015, I would recommend Mark to any other event organiser or industry who is looking for insights into Big Data and the many ways Big Data can bring big rewards to you.
I invited Mark to join one of our International Congress as the main speaker for BigData2015 World Insights. As a person he is great to treat, responsible and compromised human. As a leader he shared his knowledge with all attendees and the organizers. After the event the attendees satisfaction survey showed Mark had one of the best keynotes and the majority of them wanted him back for our next conference. This shows the professional and important knowledge he can share. His pitch involved people and he invited them to connect with the topic.
Big Data World Insights
Capgemini asked Mark to support us for a customer workshop on Big Data roadmap. Mark was instrumental in setting up the workshop format and structure. During the workshop he shared his views on Big Data and a possible way forward. Mark combines big data content with a personal drive to create an inspiring Big Data story.
Capgemini CTO NL
Insights & Data
Mark participated in our Bridge-ing Big Data Workshop and did an excellent job. His Big Data and Technology expertise and insight greatly added to the tenor of the conversations and helped many traditional engineers think "outside the box." I wouldn't hesitate to include him in similar discussions in the future
Professor & Department Chair
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Mark is an inspirational and creative business consultant. He has deep knowledge in the area of Big data and helped our organisation to draw its data strategy. Highly recommended and reliable business consultant.
Senior Justice Sector Adviser and Head of Measurement & Evaluation
HiiL Innovating Justice
Mark is very knowledgeable on the subject of Big Data and has the capability of explaining complex matter in laymen’s terms. I have worked with him in different settings, most recently organizing a business event where Mark was the main speaker. The roadmap he spoke about, from his book ‘Think Bigger’, has proven to help organizations in developing their own strategy. Mark is a great presenter who is able to show the audience where we are at today and also gives the public an insight into a possible and very likely future. He is ranked as one of the top Big Data influencers for a good reason. If you have a strategic Big Data challenge or an event around Big Data I can highly recommend Mark.
Manager Alliances & Business Development
Internet Service Group
Mark recently did a presentation on Big Data for the regional circle of the Nyenrode Alumni Association. In the presentation, he talked about the strategical aspects of Big Data and gave us various interesting examples. Mark is very knowledgeable and an interesting speaker to listen to.
Nyenrode Business University Alumni Association
Van Rijmenam gave a presentation about how Walmart makes Big Data part of its DNA and a Big Data Strategy workshop at the Data Quality Conference in Melbourne, Australia. The presentation and attendance was greatly appreciated and feedback included among others: ‘Thoroughly insightful and very enjoyable’ & ‘Great, very knowledgeable’ & ‘Mark provided excellent Big Data insights and its possibilities in the future during the workshop.
Data Quality Asia Pacific Congress 2014
Within an academic context as well as in a business context, Mark is able to explain the essence and possibilities of big data in a clear and concise manner. He has many examples, he is up-to-date and he is able to frame the commercial applications for organization.
Using concrete examples Mark is able to explain big data and it potential and its impact for organizations and societies.
Kennisalliantie, The Netherlands
With an understandable presentation, Mark is able to captivate the attendees on the subject big data, which he is able to explain clearly and thoroughly. He uses interesting concrete examples that make his story very understandable.
Knowledge Network VOR/RWS
Mark has a valuable independent view of the total spectrum of the Big data scene and has a versatile and extensive network. He has detailed knowledge and proved highly efficient during our short period of working together.
I know Mark is a true expert in the field of Big Data, 'the oil of the 21st century'. Mark was one of the keynote speakers at the National Publishing Day 2014, organized by the dutch b2b platform Mediafacts. His 45 minute speech on how publishers should strategically approach 'Big Data' was well received; it got high scores in our post-event online summary. Mark knows the way in the complicated 'Big Data' landscape and is able to serve companies from different sectors well when the aim is setting up a Big Data strategy and providing the means to implement it.