- Louise Sauvage OAM is often regarded as the most renowned disabled sportswoman in Australia.
- Sauvage is a nine time Paralympic Games medalist.
- At the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games, Sauvage won a demonstration 800m race, winning an Olympic Gold Medal.
- In 1999 Sauvage was named Australian Female Athlete of the Year.
- Sauvage is a member of both the Australian and International Paralympian Hall of Fame.
- My story - A four time Paralympian
- Over-coming barriers and challenges in life
- Hard work ethic
Louise Sauvage is an amazing Role Model in any walk of life. A great athlete with determination to achieve.
Congress was a great success and your contribution ensured this. We are very pleased with the response with 1,400 delegates attending the conference over the two days which is a record attendance for the South Australian Division.
Louise was fantastic. Her speech was inspirational in the extreme and she was such a wonderful good sport. She brought one of her Gold Medals along and offered to pose for photos and ended up staying right through morning tea posing for photos with delegates...they all thought she was fantastic!
Health Services Union