Kon Karapanagiotidis OAM Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Kon Karapanagiotidis OAM
- Kon Karapanagiotidis OAM is one of Australia’s leading, most trusted, influential and respected Non For Profit Leaders. His networks include dozens of Federal Members of Parliament, more than 100 philanthropic foundations, blue chip corporates to a community supporter base of over 250,000 people.
- Kon was awarded Melburnian of the Year 2023.
- His work has been recognised with more than two dozen awards from OAM, Honorary Doctorate, Churchill Fellowship, one of Top 15 Voices in Social Impact in Australia/NZ by LinkedIn to Finalist for Australian of the Year in Victoria.
- Kon is a twice published author, his memoir The Power of Hope was published by Harper Collins and his latest book Philoxenia – A Seat at My Table by Hardie Grant Books is already a best seller.
- His hundreds of media appearances include every national TV and radio station, Op Eds in The Age, SMH and The Saturday Paper, submissions before multiple Federal Senate Inquiries to three TEDx talks and appeared on 3 episodes of The Cook Up with Adam Liaw.
- Kon is one of the most successful NFP leaders in Australia. The most followed NFP CEO in Australia (162,000+ followers), one of the best charity fundraisers in Australia (has raised over ¼ billion $ with his team) and has led the most significant law and policy reform for refugees since the days of the Hawke Government.
- Kon is an excellent public speaker with the gift to inspire and motivate any audience, to provide authentic and passionate insights, strategies and solutions with honesty, vulnerability and impact backed by 3 decades of real life experience.
Topics for Kon Karapanagiotidis OAM
- How to lead with vulnerability, authenticity and values as a leader to create the culture you want.
- How to build a trusted and valuable brand that people invest in and support on scale.
- How to successfully lead and navigate your charity or business through complex and uncertain economic and political times.
- Diversity and inclusion
- The importance of being intentional in championing diversity and inclusion in your workplace and a step by step guide on how to do it.
- Kon has championed gender and racial equality across his organisation with women making up 50+% at all levels of senior. leadership including at Board level and people with lived experience of being refugees making up 40% of his permanent staff again at all levels of his organization.
- Politics and law
- How to create systemic policy, legislative and policy change at a national level. How to influence, engage, and convince those in positions of power to do what’s right.
- How to build community/corporate and government coalitions of change to shift community attitudes and bring people with you.
- Food and wine
- The power of food to bring people together, create more inclusive communities and celebrate our culture and countries diversity.
- How to live sustainably, grow your own food, have a plant based diet and take care of the environment.
- Food and body image, how to re-author our relationship with food in health ways and enable it to be a source of nourishment and affirmation.
- How to inspire, mobilize and engage your workplace, investors, donors, community to make impact and change.
- How to build your own motivational story that inspires others to follow and trust you.
- How to motivate people through being vulnerable, authentic, passionate and idealistic as a leader.
- Health, lifestyle and wellbeing
- Masculinity and mental health – how do we raise a generation of boys and men to be vulnerable, seek help, love themselves and respect the women and children in their lives.
- Body image, self - esteem and masculinity, the mental health crisis facing boys and men and the way to create safe spaces for change.
- Master of ceremonies
Kon is also an experienced MC, both in small and large events.
Testimonials for Kon Karapanagiotidis OAM
We deeply appreciate your time and your wonderful speech to the broad audience. You and your organisation represent the cornerstone of the beliefs and values that we stand for and it is exhilarating and moving to have you address us.
Maurice Blackburn Lawyers
I just wanted to thank you again for your beautiful piece on Saturday night. I just listened to it on the website so can now appreciate why everyone was raving about it. You really thought about the topic and it felt not only thoughtful, but personal. The video of your talk at our Gala a couple of weeks ago has gotten an incredibly strong and positive reaction from our audience. Our web team were wondering if you would mind if they transcribed your speech from the video and turned it into an article on our web site?
The Wheeler Centre