John Bertrand AO Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for John Bertrand AO
- John Bertrand AO skippered the 1983 America’s Cup victory, breaking the longest running record in the history of modern sport.
- Australia's Prime Minister at the time, Bob Hawke, declared the win "one of the greatest moments in Australian history."
- Over his business career, John has successfully established businesses in the marine industry, property development industry and digital media industries.
- He is Chairman and Legend, Sport Australia Hall of Fame.
- He is Chairman and President, Swimming Australia.
- With Swimming Australia, John Bertrand led one of the greatest turn arounds in Australian Olympic history.
- John specialises in leadership and high performance teams.
Topics for John Bertrand AO
- Building high performance teams
Testimonials for John Bertrand AO
John had the room breathless, very suitable for the audience. The video he used brought out patriotism we haven't felt for a long time. Incredibly inspirational.
Goldman Sachs JBWere
John was one of the better speakers we've had so far. He showed a genuine interest in our company and it's workings prior to the conference so he was able to tailor his presentation around relevant issues for us. He held our audience captivated, which is no easy task.
John provided valuable insight into the complexities of leading a high performance team for an extended period with a specific goal in mind. He provided his views on leadership in relation to that task and how issues including team morale were maintained over that period. He related that to a law enforcement environment reflective of the current challenges faced in respect to Australia's national security issues. Apart from being mesmerised by your views and values, the lasting impression I have of our meeting is your capacity to "listen". It is a leadership trait I try to emphasise throughout our Program - "first seek to understand - and then, to be understood.
Australian Federal Police
John was most thorough in his approach to understanding the clients needs.
Feedback received was very positive. John was down to earth and realistic in his views. He shared information and thoughts that the audience could relate to.
Australian Institute of Management
John took time to understand our people, our business and engaged the topic with a real passion that enabled our people to live the experience. This directly translated into our training program and enlivened their view of the leadership opportunity and challenges our business has ahead of it. In addition it was a powerful message that helped further unite our senior leadership team from the perspective of gaining a commitment to each other.
John was fantastic, thank you. The delegates were extremely positive with their feedback, with some quoting he was the best presenter they had ever seen.
Genesys Wealth Advisors
Your messages certainly reinforced the key underpinning aspects of how as a business we can move forward. From my perspective the highlights that were the importance of the: belief, confidence, and braveness as demonstrated by Brody, the Power of the mind in taking you where you want to go as demonstrated by Ben from the technical perspective and the many other examples that you need such as Herb Elliot’s Positioning yourself to win through understanding the psychology of the event. The guys during the next day certainly relived your presentation with enthusiasm and ownership.
Nilsen Electric (Vic) Pty Ltd