Jim Wilson Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Jim Wilson
- Highly respected and experienced journalist, Jim Wilson left the Seven Network after 20 years in mid 2020 to join Radio 2GB, where he presented sport for Sydney’s Seven News and had been the National Sports Editor for the Seven Network when he left.
- Jim brought all the news, current affairs, sport, lifestyle, and highlighted the social fabric of Sydney during his two years as a drive time presenter for 2GB beyond just sports.
- In late 2022, Jim left 2GB and is now concentrating on setting up his own communications company "The Comms Gurus" with his wife, TV presenter Chris Bath; in addition, Jim will be available for MC roles and keynote addresses.
- Jim is a gifted orator with 30 years of experience as a sports journalist covering and hosting some of the most significant sporting events of recent times.
- Jim is a passionate supporter of several charities committed to cancer research and is an ambassador for Cancer Council NSW.
Topics for Jim Wilson
- Succeeding in the face of adversity and the resilience factor
- What makes effective spokespeople and a snapshot of how to improve your communication skills
- The best and the worst of the big interviews over 30 years - not just in sport
- My ten most memorable sporting moments and stories behind them
- Lessons from Sport and their Application to Business
- Master of Ceremonies
Testimonials for Jim Wilson
Our organisation has had a relationship with Jim for around 10 years. The fact that it has endured this long and has involved many different corporate events and occasions says so much about how highly we regard him. A true professional who prepares thoroughly and delivers consistently on each occasion. A very genuine person with an easy-going nature makes him a pleasure to work with and be around. He is particularly generous with his time and has gone above and beyond on several occasions for us.
We look forward to our relationship with Jim continuing and I look forward to our next opportunity of working with him.
I have known and worked with Jim Wilson for 20 years. Jim has been an MC for me, provided media and other advice and has become a great friend. He is professional, has incredible communication instincts, has gravitas and impact and has always had my back.
I would not hesitate to recommend Jim for your assignment and would be willing to provide references on his behalf that befit the calibre of professional he is. Jim is a class act on multiple dimensions - they do not come any better.
Jim Wilson is a much-loved member of our Australian Paralympic family. As an on-air personality for the Seven Network, Jim has helped drive the coverage of Paralympic sport to new levels and his passionate support and advocacy over many years has helped bring the incredible stories of our Paralympian athletes to millions of Australians. Off-screen, Jim’s service to Paralympics Australia has also been outstanding. He has hosted a number of our most important events – media launches, fundraisers, awards ceremonies – always with his trademark enthusiasm, incredible skill and professionalism that has made him such a leading player in the Australian media industry. We are incredibly grateful to know Jim is always right behind us.
Chief Executive Officer
Jim did an outstanding job as MC of our inaugural fundraising dinner. His exceptional professionalism combined with his willingness to share his own personal experience with sensitivity and authenticity ensured that the event significantly exceeded our fundraising target. As well as being superbly organised, he took the extra initiative to interview one of our researchers before the event to deepen his knowledge of the Institute. He kept the formalities on track all night whilst entertaining and inspiring our audience. I wouldn't hesitate to wholeheartedly recommend Jim.
Chief Executive, SVI Foundation
St Vincent’s Institute of Medical Research