- Jason McCartney was the hero and face of the Bali Bombings, and a person who epitomises the Australian Fighting Spirit.
- Despite suffering horrific injuries from the bombings, Jason risked his own life to rescue two sisters from the burning wreckage, and then give up his seat on the plane as he believed there were people who were far worse off than him.
- Jason, in what can only be described as a fairy tale recovery, returned in 2003 to play AFL football again with his club North Melbourne.
- He has remained actively involved in the AFL since his retirement as a coach and administrator and played an important role which saw the club win its second ever AFL Premiership and its first for 62 years.
- Jason is currently the List Manager at the GWS Giants Football Club.
- Inspirational speaker
- Personal experience
- Comeback from near-death
Jason’s presentation to 160 KPMG Tax and Legal delegates was truly inspirational. To sit in a room where there was complete silence for the full 45 minute presentation was amazing. The extended standing ovation and the end of the presentation was not only a mark of respect to this very humble man, but also allowed the delegates to collect their thoughts and emotions after the delivery of such a powerful message. Perspective is a powerful word – of which Jason taught us the true meaning. He certainly showed us that “it is not you are dealt with in life, but rather, how you deal with it”. A truly unforgettable presentation and experience.
Excellent. Jason exceeded our expectations. He touched the audience through his genuine, honest and moving presentation. Jason told his story as if he was amongst friends and family.
Jason McCartney was excellent. He had everyone spellbound, not a word in the crowd while Jason was speaking. Well spoken, well presented and a true gentleman. No hesitation in recommending him. Nothing but good reports from our guests.
National Electrical and Communications Association (NECA)
Excellent. Jason has a great story and a wonderful personality that shines through.
The Extra Mile Co.
Jason was inspirational.
Kaniva Rotary Club
Excellent. Jason is a natural presenter. Well done.
Wimmera Primary Care Partnership
Fantastic….my guys were very, very happy…both from an entertainment view and some excellent business messages.
KAZ Computer Services
Excellent – I appreciated the fact that he spoke without notes, focussed on “telling the story” and addressed the broader range of experiences beyond his link to football.
Jason’s speech was great. It made me see everything in a different perspective.
BGL Corporate Solutions
What a great day it was. What a powerful story!!!
Yarra Valley Water
Excellent. Jason was very friendly towards all of the guests at the function. He was happy to talk, have photo's and give autographs all night. He also stayed longer than required, which was fantastic. Jason's presentation was very moving. It was amazing to see how far he had come in terms of his recovery in just 12 months, he really is an inspiration. He spoke very well, and he was happy to answer the audience's questions at the end. I have had nothing but positive feedback about his presentation from the guests, and I would highly recommend him to others.
I was very impressed. There were even a few people on our table that had to wipe a tear or two.