Henry Olonga Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Henry Olonga
- Henry Olonga was the first black player on the Zimbabwean national cricket team and youngest-ever player to represent his homeland at international level.
- In 2003, he was a key player in the Cricket World Cup team, making international headlines when, along with Andy Flower, he wore a black armband protesting the “death of democracy” in Zimbabwe. Internationally praised for his bravery on that day, wearing the armband triggered the end of Henry Olonga’s cricket career.
- He received death threats and was shamed locally for his actions, unable to return to his homeland. He moved to London as a sports commentator.
- Henry Olonga is a wonderful mix of conviction and charm, his life has taken him from national sporting champion to political exile being a former contestant on The Voice in Australia.
- Henry's autobiography Blood, Sweat and Treason - My Story has been nominated for multiple awards.
- Henry resides in Adelaide with his Australian wife and family.
Topics for Henry Olonga
- Life in Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe
- How to bounce back from initial failure. It is not how you start but more importantly how you finish
- How to live a well rounded life
- Singing performances
- Living life as a jack of all trades and master of none
- Goal setting and personal motivation
- Finding your vocation in life
- Garnering a fresh perspective on life
- Master of Ceremonies
Testimonials for Henry Olonga
Henry was our Keynote Speaker at the Authorised Persons Conference South Australia in July 2023. His presence was just so friendly and the delivery of his keynote address was engaging, interesting, bloody funny and relaxed. The story of Henry Olonga is a very interesting one as it stands, but to be delivered in the manner he did was just brilliant. I have attended many conferences over the journey but Henry has something special that was very well received but the 130 delegates on the day. Henry you are a star.
Local Government Authorised Persons Association of South Australia
Henry Olonga was a great entertainer. He got around and met many of the attendees, gave a great talk and then finished with a couple of beautiful songs. He was engaging and very professional.
Civil Contractors Federation NT
Fascinating story, high energy, very funny and amazing voice!
SA Local Government Financial Management Group
Probably one of the best speakers we have ever had.
South Australian State Schools Administrative Officers Association (SASSAOA)
A professional delight, Henry Olonga was a brilliant, engaging speaker with amazing, jaw dropping talent.
Henry Olonga is a brilliant and able presenter.
Excellent – very interesting story and fantastic voice!!
Frank Knight Australia
Henry Olonga is a fine role model for young cricketers, one whose cheerfulness, humility and positive attitude win him friends wherever he goes.