Ed Stafford Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Ed Stafford
- On 9th August 2010 he became the first man in history to walk the entire length of the Amazon River. The journey took 860 days of walking and the full story of Ed's incredible journey was published in June 2011.
- Ed's success in navigating the entire length of the 4000 mile River on foot from its source in Peru to the mouth of the river on the shores of Brazil proved once and for all that if you have a dream, and you have the determination to succeed then nothing is impossible.
- Ed was nominated as one of National Geographic's Adventurers of the year 2010 and in 2011 he was awarded the title of "European Adventurer of the Year" in Stockholm.
- Ed, 35, from Leicestershire in England, has led remote expeditions all over the world. He started running expeditions after retiring from the British Army as a captain in 2002. Whilst not leading trips Ed worked alongside the United Nations in Afghanistan assisting with the first ever presidential elections advising on security, planning and logistics.
- Ed uses his experiences to inspire and motivate audiences to achieve their own personal goals and shows that is it possible to succeed even when faced with seemingly insurmountable hardship.
Topics for Ed Stafford
- Courage and decision making
- Making the impossible possible
- Achieving your own goals
- The journey - How to get to the end and make it count