- Dr Richard “Harry” Harris was one of the 2018 Thailand Rescue diving team who saved 13 people from the flooded Tham Luang cave.
- He is the joint 2019 Australian of the Year with his dive partner Craig Challen and the 2019 Australian of the Year for South Australia.
- He works in anaesthesia and aeromedical retrieval medicine and has expertise in diving, wilderness and remote area health.
- Harry established the first sump rescue (deep, scary caves) training course in Australasia.
- How to focus on goals no matter the odds
Dr Richard Harris was absolutely outstanding!! Such a humble man with a captivating story. His generosity to share so much of his experience and be so raw was a privilege to listen to. The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and the audience were eager to ask endless questions of him. Thank you.
Dr Richard Harris was a sheer delight to work with. He went over and above to customise his presentation to our audience which certainly did not go unnoticed. The feedback for his session was amazing with phrases such as “humble hero” and “true Australian legend” and being used freely. There was not a dry eye in the house.