Dr Justin Coulson Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Dr Justin Coulson
- Dr Justin Coulson is one of Australia's leading experts in the areas of parenting, relationships, and wellbeing and resilience in the workplace.
- Justin Coulson is the co-host and parenting expert on the Channel 9 program, Parental Guidance.
- Justin has a PhD in Positive Psychology, holds an Honorary Fellowship at the University of Melbourne’s Graduate School of Education in the Centre for Positive Psychology and is a Senior Associate at the Positive Psychology Institute.
- He’s a TEDx speaker and has worked with many of Australia’s biggest brands including the Commonwealth Bank, Intel Security, ANZ, IHG.
- He has also served as a consultant to the Australian Government’s Raising Children Network, and the Office of the e-Safety Commissioner, Intel Security, Life Education and others.
- Dr Justin Coulson is a four-time best-selling author and has written several books and eBooks about parenting, including 21 Days to a Happier Family (Harper Collins, 2016), 9 ways to a Resilient Child (Harper Collins, 2017), Miss-Connection, Why your teenage daughter hates you, expects the world, and needs to talk (Harper Collins 2020) and The Parenting Revolution: A guide to raising resilient kids (Harper Collins 2023).
- Justin Coulson not only brings credibility and experience, he is at the coalface of family life. He and his wife Kylie are the parents of six daughters.
- When he is not spending time with his family, he can be found doing TV and radio appearances as well travelling around the country delivering talks and workshops at businesses improve professional relationships.
Topics for Dr Justin Coulson
Wellbeing solutions for greater focus and fulfilment at work
The importance of wellbeing in the workplace is no longer in question. Anxiety and depression continue to rise. Suicide remains too high on "cause of death" for our society - particularly for men. Yet we have volumes of research showing simple and powerful ways to increase the wellbeing of our teams, and to boost the positivity in our culture.
Hundreds of studies emphasise that staff need to be psychologically well to be productive and thrive. Hundreds more reports reveal the growing incidence and potentially life shattering impact of mental health issues. The question now is “how?”:
- How do we create an environment in which our staff can flourish?
- How do we take concepts such as “resilience” and “positive psychology” beyond theory and fad to help our staff thrive at work?
- How do we find out what’s actually working in real workplaces so we’re not rehashing tired old programs that don’t work anymore?
- And just as important:
- How do we inspire and engage staff who are tired of “the next big thing” in workplace programs like "sleep pods" and "ping pong tournaments"? Too often staff start with tremendous enthusiasm, but so many “hope” programs, (where “we hope this works”) can leave them jaded and cynical.
This wellbeing package is designed to address all these issues, and lift your team's positivity to the next level. It provides powerful, immediately applicable strategies that are empirically proven and make an immediate difference.
- High performance habits
How to set up systems to achieve the extraordinary
Do you find that staff often say they’ll do something, but struggle to do what they say they’ll do? Are your staff ’s workplace habits too often unproductive?
Are your team’s goals clear, but the systems and habits they need to achieve those goals a little foggy?
High Performance Habits is a deeply interactive presentation created to guide your staff to design the systems they need to follow through, get stuff done, increase productivity and perform at a high level.
For too long, we’ve focused on goals and then told people to get to work. We’ve attempted to motivate them (or relied on them to motivate themselves), when the systems - or lack thereof - actively work against them.
After working with Dr Justin Coulson, your team will be clear on what needs to be done, how they’re going to do it, and who they’ll be accountable to.
- Emotional intelligence
Why being smart isn’t enough for productivity, success and fulfilment at work
Emotions matter more than we realise. They impact motivation and productivity, creativity, decision-making, relationships and the performance appraisals we give. They even affect integrity and character.
Yet emotions are often misunderstood, especially at work. When emotions surface with colleagues - and even clients - they are all-too-often ignored, or worse, shut down.
Research shows that raising our EQ – our emotional intelligence – can have an instant impact on relationships, behaviours, achievement, results and wellbeing, far beyond anything related to IQ.
It can also transform staff engagement and productivity – an ongoing and draining issue for every manager.
- The parenting revolution
What does it mean to be a good parent? Are you a good parent when your child is compliant but a bad parent when they're not? What if they're perfect at age three and challenging at thirteen? And what if your child has additional needs?
The Parenting Revolution presentation is about parenting styles and what it takes to be a great parent. We know about tiger parents, helicopter parents, free-range parents, but have you heard of Tesla parents, leaf-blower parents or iPhone 6 parents?
So many styles but is there one that actually works?
Join Dr Justin for a practical presentation which draws on content from his new book, The Parenting Revolution: A guide to raising resilient kids, and incorporates up-to-the-minute research in parenting science as well as studies of childhood development.
Dr Justin Coulson will show you:
how our children thrive when we understand and meet their basic psychological needs;
how our job is not to fix our kids but to create an environment that supports their growth and development; and
how children flourish when we minimise control but maximise our warmth and involvement and establish healthy boundaries.
Not all children are the same and Justin considers a range of circumstances that you or your child might be in - including children with non-typical development.
His revolutionary approach and practical strategies will encourage you to change the way you parent forever.
Testimonials for Dr Justin Coulson
Dr Justin Coulson is very clear and fast paced with his content. He has a good balance of keeping to the topic and also answering questions from the chat.
South East Water
Dr Justin Coulson was a true professional when speaking at our South East Water event. He presented very well, completely engaging (even via zoom) and kept a great pace to cover all of the topics.
South East Water
Justin’s topics hit the mark and resonated with the audience. It was a perfect opening to our 3 days together and further lifted the energy in the room amongst our colleagues.
Dr Justin Coulson is a highly motivating and engaging presenter. The session was so valuable and would highly recommend it to others. I can see how the skills that learned in the session will not only help in the workplace but in my personal life as well.
The feedback received from the last webinar conducted was overwhelmingly positive, and here are some comments:
“That was great and makes me realise that lightening up and laughing more, is what we all need”
“Thanks! An interesting change of topic”
“Great talk. I loved all the practical examples/ ideas. Many thanks for providing a webinar for families”
“Great content and amazing presentation by Justin”
What I like about Justin is that he gets a feel for the group and then adjusts his presentation to meet their needs. He is engaging from the very first sentence. His topics and responses are practical and down to earth. He has a realistic view of families and people immediately sense his genuineness.
Catholic Education Office, Bathurst
Dr Justin Coulson presented to both our staff and our school community. He was able to use school specific data and information to tailor a package that will have a positive long term impact on the way that we interact with each other.
Garran Primary School, Canberra
The way in which Dr Coulson supported our Design Make Create Faire theme of strengthening connections with dads with their kids was inspirational. I am certain that his humorous and practical insights into Love, Laughter and Limits would have had a positive impact on all of the families that were present. What our teachers present shared with me afterwards was the practical implication for the strategies he suggested for families and how they would be applied in the school setting. Truly a gifted, kind and warm human being who is a breath of fresh air, mainly because of his unique ability to connect with every parent and every child.
Kimberley Park State School, Brisbane