- Doug has appeared on TV shows such as Stingers, Offspring, Channel 7’s Good Friday Appeal, Stand Up Australia, The Insiders, The Project, Offspring, A Current Affair and The Comedy Channel.
- Headlined cruise ships and some of the best comedy clubs in Australia and around the world.
- Performed to a range of audiences in remote places, from performing for the troops in Afghanistan to doing shows/speaking with indigenous communities and schools in outback Australia.
- Sold out comedy festival shows, performed to prime ministers and has worked with some of the biggest names in comedy, like Chris Rock, Kathy Griffin, Pauly Shore and Dave Hughes.
- Was presented with the Golden Key award for academic excellence during his time at university, placing him in the top 15% of student, averaging High Distinctions and class 1 Honours.
- Is passionate about supporting disadvantage youth and in 2016 became the ambassador for the Salvation Army’s Lead Tennant organisation.
- Stand up comedy
Talking about a range of topics, such as relationships, social media, growing up in low socio economical areas, funning sayings, family, having children, sports, being young and getting older to name a few.
- Master of Ceremonies
Doug is a very energetic MC that can light up a room with his likable persona and fun approach. He is also great at involving the audience if needed and has the added ability to do comedy spots if required.
- Motivational speaker
Talking about being homeless and growing up around criminality, drug abuse, low academic achievement and mental health issues, to becoming a comedian, running successful business’s, finding alternative pathways to eventually get into university and achieving 5 degrees.
- Inspirational Speaker
Talking about living with depression and the importance of self care and well being. Doug has also worked as a Counsellor and Psychologist and has Master degrees in both Counselling and Psychology.
I have had quite a bit of feedback from people who attended and they loved Doug Chappel’s performance. Some of our staff have gone back to their depots and told the ones who did not attend what a great time they had. I am expecting higher numbers next year.
Dyer Gippsland Transport
The Comics Lounge in Melbourne has worked with Doug for well over 15 years and regard Doug Chappel as one of Australia’s best comedians. Doug is an extremely versatile performer who has the ability to work ‘clean’ or ‘blue’ and appeals to a wide range of audiences. The consummate professional Doug has always been extremely reliable, both on stage and off, and has been a crowd favourite for many years. The Comic’s Lounge literally have access to the very best comedians in the country, so it’s a testament to Doug’s ability that he is a favourite at the club where we regularly hire him to Headline and MC our Premiere shows. Doug is also one of our first choices when we are approached by external organisations such as corporate gigs, sportsmen’s nights etc, who are looking at hiring a comedian or booking a show. Doug has also run his own weekly show here at the Comic’s Lounge for over 10 years where he MC’s and books the acts. Doug is extremely likeable and easy to work with and I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommended Doug Chappel for your next function or event.
The Comic’s Lounge
Re: needing a comedian that would be suitable for budget and specific cliental. “We booked Doug Chappel and he was fantastic. We were all very entertained. He was a great addition to our function and provided the crowd with lots of laughs.
RPM Real Estate Group
Monash University has had the pleasure of working with Doug over the past two years when delivering Comedy Nights on campus for the student and staff audience. Doug always delivers a professional end to end service and a highly entertaining evening!
Manager, Major Events
Re: Anglicare grand final golf day luncheon and charity event. “Comedian Doug Chappel provided great entertainment for the players during the lunch proceedings”.
Doug Chappel - go see him live, wherever you are, go see him, funny, funny guy.
Dave ‘Hughesy’ Hughes