Donna McGeorge Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Donna McGeorge
- Donna McGeorge is an experienced speaker, facilitator, trainer, coach and author of 5 books, with a sixth one on the way.
- She has worked with managers and leaders throughout Australia and Asia–Pacific for over 20 years.
- She is the author of five books; The 25 Minute Meeting, Making Work Work, Engaging Training, Visual Vocab and The Pen is Mightier than the Slide.
- She has been the Manager of Theatre, Sports & Concert Tours for the UK-based Keith Prowse; Asia–Pacific Organisational Development Manager for Ford Motor Company in Shanghai, China; as well as roles at Telstra, Qantas, Ernst & Young and Ansett.
- Her clients include Nissan Motor Company, Jetstar, Medibank Private and Ford Motor Company.
Topics for Donna McGeorge
- Anywhere Anytime
Let’s stop talking about “virtual” teams. Virtual means “not real”. These are real people in real teams. Let’s also stop talking about how hard it is. When you get the basics right and lay a decent foundation, you can achieve twice the results you expected with half the effort. Whether you are working in a remote team, or leading one, this session will help you:
- Build positive and strong relationships over any distance.
- Facilitate effective meetings that encourage engagement and healthy debate.
- Make the shift from co-operation to collaboration using simple tools and techniques.
- Making Work Work
No leader, middle or frontline manager leaves for work in the morning with the aim of upsetting their team members or colleagues, and deliberately set on derailing projects. Yet it happens – and it happens a lot.
While the existing systems in your organisation and lack of resources can create a toxic environment that your team can’t perform its best in, often you can’t change this.
But there is one thing that you can always alter to improve your workplace, make your work more enjoyable and your team more effective – your attitude and behaviour.
Donna’s stories and strategies will inspire you to work with what you’ve got and change whatever is holding you back.
- The 25 Minute Meeting: Sharpen your focus and tighten your time frames to get more done in less time
Meetings have become a de facto way of working, and as they pile up and stretch to interminable lengths, they eat up our days and sink productivity—if they are poorly planned and run.
Done well, meetings are short, sharp, productive affairs that provide critical time and space for the interactions that drive business forward.
This session shows you how to effectively and efficiently recover your time with a roadmap to the better meetings.
- The First 2 Hours
There are optimum times for doing certain types of work – responding to emails, conducting meetings, devising next year’s strategy – not just in the first two hours of your day, but all hours of the work day until home time.
So while the first two hours of your day is important, the work doesn’t just stop there.
The first two hours has a flow-on effect, so by understanding when you’re most alert or when you need some downtime, and marrying that with the tasks you’ve got to do then you actually become more productive.
This session will help you take yourself off autopilot and get back control of every hour of your day, doing the right work at the right time (even if you consider yourself a night owl).
- Permission Granted: What rules, rituals and routines do you have in your life or at work that are holding you back?
So often it seems like we are waiting for permission from someone or something to do things differently. This session will help people to:
- Focus on things that are important to you
- Practise self-care and compassion
- Make positive changes in their world
- It’s time to stop waiting and start doing! Doing the things that bring you joy, happiness, contentment and value.
Testimonials for Donna McGeorge
My favourite speaker! Very relatable. I took away some practical tips too.
Extremely engaging and practical tips on 25 minute meetings
Donna = hilarious! Great use of humour and some really gems in her presentation.
I attended your keynote session and you are a very engaging speaker and funny, I have really enjoyed the content.