- Dion Devow was awarded the ACT Australian of the Year, 2018.
- He was the ACT NAIDOC Person of the Year, 2016.
- Awarded ACT NAIDOC Business Person of the Year, 2014.
- He is the Cultural consultant for Department Human Services.
- His clients include ATO, DSS, Fred Hollows NT, NT Public Service Commission, Department Veteran Affairs, Department Prime Minister and Cabinet.
- He is the Ambassador for Indigenous Community Volunteers.
- Darkies Designs - My Journey
My story from Darwin kid to becoming an Australian of the Year.
- Being a business person, trials and triumphs
- Celebrating Diversity
Racism, Diversity of Culture, what does this look like today in contemporary Australian society.
- Believing in yourself
- Fatherhood and balancing that with business, family, and community expectation
- Being Successful
The ups and downs, lateral violence, the Tall Poppy Syndrome.
What does this mean & NAIDOC topics of all kind.
- How to engage, connect and work with the indigenous Australian communities
On behalf of the NT Forum Organising Committee, please accept our sincere appreciation for the outstanding presentation you made to the 2019 NT Forum on the topic - My Story – From Darwin to Indigenous Entrepreneur/Australian of the Year. Your presentation was very interesting and insightful to hear and learn from your knowledge and experiences. The Forum survey provided feedback from 80% of delegates. All the speakers received very favourable endorsement with a rating between 7.0 – 9.5. Some of the comments regarding your presentation included: Dion is amazing, Very inspiring and definitely engaging. Quite humorous, What a story! Very motivational, Dion was great, Engaging, interesting and sparked - lots to think out. Thank you so much for sharing your time and experiences with us. We all agreed that your presentation was of value and relevance to the NT delegates.
NT Forum Organising Committee