- Chris Bunton was a Gold Medallist at two Special Olympics World Summer Games.
- He has had a 14-year career as award winning gymnast.
- Notably, Chris is also a promising actor, starring in feature film Down Under.
- He is a co-founding member of RUCKUS, a collective of only Down Syndrome artists.
- He is a university graduate, and a powerful advocate for people with down syndrome and intellectual disabilities.
- People with disabilities can achieve great things.
Look at me, I’m a world champion gymnast and star in Film and TV!
- My journey
Becoming an Australian Representative in Special Olympics and representing Australia at Shanghai and Athens.
- Overcoming barriers
How I overcame barriers, stayed in mainstream education and went to university!
I recently worked with Chris Bunton on my feature film ‘Down Under’. He is one of the hardest working people I have collaborated with on any of my projects. Chris was thrown into the deep end, working with some of Australia’s most experienced actors. It was amazing to see him rise to the occasion and deliver a performance that became the beating heart of the film. Chris’ understanding and interpretation of the role of Evan, raised the integrity of my story and made it all the more powerful for the audience. He is a hardworking, articulate and intelligent man, with a brilliant outlook on the world. I feel very lucky to have met him, in what I consider to be the first of many collaborations in the future.
El Guapo Films
Chris is an amazing individual who's drive and determination has led to him achieving more than most would of believed possible. He is a true inspiration
Chris is one of Special Olympics Australia’s most decorated athletes! He’s a two time World Gold Medal winning Gymnast. He also works as an actor, gymnastics coach and with us here at SOA head office. Chris is doing big things, and he’s only just getting started!
Special Olympics Australia