Caitlin Bassett Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Caitlin Bassett
- Caitlin Bassett is one of just five Australian netballers to have played over 100 test caps.
- She was the first shooter to win the Liz Ellis Diamond in 2015 – the MVP award for the best netballer in Australia.
- She completed a double degree in Broadcast and Journalism while playing, she is now studying a Graduate Certificate in Counselling.
- Caitlin is part of the Fox Netball Commentary team and works across print, radio and TV.
- Caitlin has won two World Championship gold medals (2011 & 2015) and a silver medal (2019), a Commonwealth Games gold (2014) and silver (2018), and two Suncorp Super Netball premierships with the Sunshine Coast Lightning (2017 & 2018).
Topics for Caitlin Bassett
Caitlin shares her leadership experiences, journey and development. She share the different leadership styles and how they are useful in different situations, and how to become a better leader.
- Leadership can be learnt.
- Your not just ‘born with it’.
- Own your leadership style and lead in a way that’s authentic to you.
- As for feedback.
- Find a leadership mentor to work with.
Caitlin talks about the importance of different dynamics in a team, and understanding how to manage different personalities. She shares personal anecdotes from working in different high performing teams.
- Encouraging and including different personalities in a team.
- Ways to manage different personalities and learning styles.
- The importance of teamwork in high performing teams.
Caitlin discusses motivation and goal setting, and how she stayed motivated including tips and tricks. How not to beat yourself up if you lose motivation.
- Setting up for success not failure with goals and motivation.
- How to help motivate others.
- Rewarding good motivation to encourage it.
- Performing under pressure
Caitlin shares anecdotes of times she has been under pressure and failed, and ways to practice to have success in pressured situations. She also discusses why we feel pressure in certain situations.
- Learning from the mistakes of others.
- Getting rid of fear of failure.
- When pressure can help us perform.
- Resilience/mental toughness
Caitlin talks about challenges she has experienced playing at the elite level, big picture thinking, and the importance of asking for help.
- How to build mental resilience.
- Who to go to for help, recognising when others need help.