- Globally recognised as the winner of The Best Job in the World competition.
- Presented own television series on NatGeo, was a guest on Oprah Winfrey, regular on Sunrise TV Australia.
- Wrote and published a book – The Best Job in the World: How you can make a living from following your dreams.
- Keynote speaker at Emirates Product launch, Dubai, Foreign Correspondents Club – Tokyo.
- Set two world records running mountains in Australia and NZ and presented the consequent documentaries about them.
- Drove around Africa and from Singapore to London in a Land Rover.
- How to uncover, live and leverage your best life
- Happiness - what is it and how is it achieved around the world?
- How to turn your dreams into a commercial reality
- How to overcome your fears to get the most out of life
- How to leverage new media technologies, digital media and social media to achieve your business objectives - digital media for dummies
- How to become a natural people person, overcome your fears to get the most out of life
- The Best Job in the World story - a social media case study
- Master of Ceremonies
Ben was a major drawcard speaker at the Interactive Minds event in Brisbane, Australia. He has proven to be one of our most popular speakers to date. At this event Ben provided a rare insight into what has been like to be the holder of The Best Job in the World. Ben is a true social media expert; few others can demonstrate such exhaustive, hands on experience of social media under the time pressures and demands placed upon him as Island Caretaker. Ben instantly developed great rapport with the audience and shared detailed insights and learnings from his experience. His passion and enthusiasm for social media and his role as Tourism Ambassador for Queensland was evident from his presentation. He is a dynamic, highly engaging and professional speaker. He left the audience with no doubt in their minds that he was indeed the best person to hold The Best Job in the World.
I had the privilege of engaging Ben Southall for a Speaker Series run by the Bond Investment Group, a student finance society. Ben is in a league of his own. He was an utter delight to work with from our initial inquiry to the end of his presentation at Bond University. His story is incredible and spurs you into action; I wanted to grab my passport and embark on an adventure, any adventure, from the moment Ben left our lecture theatre. Ben is refreshingly realistic; he urges the audience to dream big but simultaneously instils confidence that those dreams are within practical reach. I received only glowing reviews from students in attendance. In the lead up to the presentation I was constantly impressed by Ben’s ability to swiftly and effectively communicate even while away in remote areas. I always felt valued as a client despite the Speaker Series being relatively small-scale and run not-for-profit. I have no hesitation in recommending Ben for any event that demands a captivating and insightful presenter.
Bond Investment Group