- Amy Carter-James created a model that redefined the sustainable tourism movement.
- Her property in remote Mozambique has won every major global responsible tourism award including Awarded "Top 100 Hotel of the World".
- Has empowered 60,000 people living in extreme poverty, addressing all 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
- Is an international leader in using business to address the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- Is one of the most respected social entrepreneurs in travel having worked with industry leaders to build brands that go beyond sustainability.
- The power of purpose
How purpose led Amy to rural Africa and the world stage. How finding your own purpose is the greatest form of empowerment and how purpose-led businesses are trailblazing and outperforming the market.
- The power of travel to tackle global challenges
How Amy set out 17 years ago to prove this and how we can individually and collectively be part of changing the tide and amplifying our positive impact.
- Beyond Sustainability: hitting the sweet spot
From greenwashing to “woke” advertising. How and where do you find the sweet spot to propel your success while profoundly contributing to global challenges.
- Crossing Borders: the true essence of empowerment
Transcending cultures, what is it that truly empowers us as human beings, parents, employees or entrepreneurs. How we can equip ourselves to amplify our impact at home and in the “work”-place.
One of the most inspiring people I’ve met. I have booked Amy to speak at several events and she never fails to astonish and inspire, always making time to answer questions and engage with participants.
Passionate, inspiring and challenging. What Amy has achieved so far is simply breathtaking.
World Green Tourism
Amy Carter-James was the keynote speaker for our International Women’s Day Breakfast in 2019. Amy was incredibly professional and inspiring as she shared her stories about the women she works with in Mozambique. As a speaker Amy’s delivery is quietly understated but extremely powerful and I would recommend her as a keynote speaker to any organization.
Zonta Club of Perth Northern Suburbs
Amazing woman and amazing talk. Everyone loved it.
Amy is quite possibly one of the most inspirational and influential people I have met. Humble and with wisdom well beyond her years, Amy’s work in the tourism industry is groundbreaking and has resulted in a ripple of positive change. Her selfless determination has saved the lives of many and serves as a reminder that regardless of what path we take in life, at each corner there lies an opportunity to help others and in so doing, our journey becomes all the richer for it. A hero in the true sense of the word.