Alison Venter Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Alison Venter
- Alison Venter wrote an article published in the ASCD International Journal Educational Leadership titled ‘What I’ve Learned As A Teacher With A Disability’.
- She has been interviewed by ABC Radio sharing her experiences of working as a teacher with a physical disability.
- Alison has spoken on two occasions at the Australian Conference for Neurodevelopmental Disorders on her extensive knowledge and experience in working with children and adults with ADHD.
Topics for Alison Venter
- University of Adversity
My life story.
- The Value of Life
Making a small difference in the lives of students with trauma and disadvantage by demonstrating resilience, perseverance and grit.
- Getting stuck in the glass elevator
Tackling the continued prejudice and assumptions that disabled people quit or can’t advance in life.
- Ready, Willing and Disabled
Entering the workforce, facing discrimination from employers and employees.
- Am I God’s Mistake?
Addressing the value of my difference.
- Being angry doesn’t make you taller
Addressing ownership of attitude and actions when faced with adversity.
- Push gets you everywhere except through a door marked pull!
A guide to traveling overseas with an electric wheelchair and a sense of humour.