- Tony Nash, founder of Booktopia, Booktopia Publisher Services and Booktopia Editions.
- He started Booktopia in 1996 with a $10 a day budget and turned it into an empire with a current annual turnover of $200+ million dollars a year.
- In 2018, Booktopia won the Telstra Business of the Year and Medium Sized Business awards.
- Named in the Inside Retail Top 50 and ranked number 10 in 2021.
- Tony was acknowledged with the 2018 Industry Recognition Award.
- His business philanthropic program has to date donated over $1 million in books and cash to literary based projects in Australia.
Tony Nash is comfortable speaking on any, or all, of these topics. He can adapt his keynote presentations from 15 minutes to 2 hours and tailor his content to a specific subject.
- The Story of Booktopia
Tony talks about the creation and success of Australia's favourite online bookstore.
- Business and Industry Panels
He is a sought after panellist. He can discuss and participate on almost all types of business panels' discussion topics.
- Organic Growth/High Growth Company
Booktopia has had high double digit growth for 15 years with no external investment. Revenue for 2008 was $7m, a decade later in 2018 it was $113m.
From 2004 to 2019 Booktopia has gone from zero to a profitable $100m++ revenue company shipping over 30,000 individual books per day. Over those 15 years everyone has been talking about the death of books, the end of physical bookshops and the annihilation of everyone by Amazon. Very few companies have accomplished so much from so little.
- Bootstrap Start Ups
Started Booktopia on a $10 per day budget. With no external investment, it is has over 200 employees and a 13,000 sqm facility in Sydney.
Tony has started 4 companies, all from nothing. He makes the invisible visible.
His background in recruitment and ability to attract and keep high quality talent is testimony to his leadership style.
- e-Commerce & Online Retail
Booktopia is a multi-award winning business. Voted the People's Choice Australian Business of the Year at the 2018 Telstra Business Awards and NSW Business of the Year. Voted Best Purely Online e-Commerce Store in 2018 at the Online Retail Industry Awards in 2018. Tony also won the Industry Recognition Award that year. Booktopia has been voted Book Retailer of the Year in 2016 and 2017.
- Working With Family
Tony started his first company in 1996 and in 1998 convinced his brother, sister and brother-in-law to join him and they have been working together for over 20 years.
- Internet & Digital Marketing
Before Booktopia, Tony and his family ran an Internet Marketing consultancy. He has SEO, PPC, Social Media, EDM, online retailing and many other skills. All of Booktopia's marketing is still performed and implemented in house.
- Books and Publishing
Booktopia is one of Australia's leading book retailers and most certainly its largest Australian-owned online retailer.
Since Amazon announced it was coming to Australia Booktopia's revenue has gone from $80m in 2016 to be on track in 2019 for $130m.
In 2015 Booktopia bought Angus & Robertson, a 130+ year old iconic Australian bookstore business and integrated it in to the business in 28 days and it has been profitable every since.