Tom Boyd Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Tom Boyd
- Tom Boyd was the 2016 AFL Premiership Player with the Western Bulldogs Football Club.
- Extensive media coverage in print (Herald Sun, Age, Australian, etc) and across radio and television (Channel, 7, 9, 10, SEN, 3AW, Triple M, etc).
- 1st overall draft selection 2013 AFL Draft to The Grater Western Sydney Football Club.
- Walked away from over $2 million contract with the Western Bulldogs to prioritise mental health and wellbeing.
Topics for Tom Boyd
- Learning To Live With Mental Health Issues: Positive Skills To Develop Resilience
In 2020, Mental Health is one of the most important topics in Australian culture. In this moving keynote, AFL Premiership player Tom Boyd shares first-hand his personal experiences struggling with anxiety and depression while under the microscope of the AFL and the media.
Tom shines a spotlight on one of the most difficult subjects being discussed in workplaces today and shares techniques and strategies he personally used to overcome some of the most challenging moments in his life.
In his vulnerable, authentic and heartfelt presentation, Tom provides messages of hope and optimism for anyone facing Mental Health conditions.
- Avoiding burnout: Achieving balance in a high-pressure workplace
When performance is paramount in your career, how do you ensure you take care of yourself? Is more always better? What are the risks associated with pushing yourself beyond your capacity, and what are you really sacrificing?
In this intimate keynote, Tom shares lessons from his experiences living and working within one of the most scrutinised and high pressure industries.
- Developing Your Self Worth: Lessons learnt from the challenges of living life under the spotlight
As his AFL career skyrocketed, Tom went from being a moderate social media user, to the target of social media scrutiny.
Tom tried multiple techniques to manage this chaos before learning the valuable lesson of feeling comfortable internally, before effectively managing anything externally.
In this insightful keynote, Tom shares lessons on dealing with criticism, the up and downs of social media, and the key to breaking free from his scrutiny: developing empathy towards those targeting the negativity.