Dr Tim Sharp Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Dr Tim Sharp
- Dr Tim Sharp is at the forefront of the positivity psychology movement and Founder of The Happiness Institute.
- Has three degrees in psychology (including a Ph.D.) and a well known academic, clinician and coach.
- He is the best-selling author of The Good Sleep Guide, The Happiness Handbook, 100 Ways to Happiness: a guide for busy people, 100 Ways to Happy Children: a guide for busy parents and Live Happier, Live Longer – your guide to positive ageing.
- Is the co-host of Podcast One’s Be A Man and a regular contributor for Body&Soul. He also contributes to the SMH, The Australian Financial Review, The Weekend Australian, Sunday Life and Mamamia.
Topics for Dr Tim Sharp
- Event Host
- Individual or Group Coaching
- Habits for happiness
Dr Tim Sharp aka Dr Happy has completed 3 degrees in psychology following which he has worked as a therapist, academic and researcher for more than a decade. It’s safe to say there’s not much he doesn’t know about human
behaviour, especially happiness, and how to help others. However for all of his adult life, Dr Tim Sharp has also endured his own lived experience of ill mental health. In this presentation Tim shares his story, from a personal and professional perspective, and all he’s learned about happiness, mental health, resilience,
thriving and flourishing, whilst highlighting the strategies workplaces can use to support their teams.
- Faults, Failings and F#%kups – A perfect recipe for success and happiness
Have you ever made a mistake? Have you ever failed at something? More to the point, who hasn’t? We all have, including many famous and successful people, so why then do we resist this reality so determinedly? What if we could not just accept but really embrace our faults, failings and f#%kups to enjoy more happiness and success in life. Perhaps we’ll never be really happy until we do.
Testimonials for Dr Tim Sharp
Tim is an outstanding public speakers that gave a great opening keynote to the Psychological Health & Wellbeing in the Workplace Congress. He delivered an inspiring presentation that demystified positive psychology and firmly positioned it within the corporate world.
In 2008, we worked with Dr. Tim Sharp from the Happiness Institute on a variety of levels. As keynote speaker for our organisation conference in March, conducting a Happiness Index survey with our organisation, linking through to our leadership forum and ensuring that the positive psychology principles were applied consistently from leaders throughout our organisation and finally Dr. Tim worked with our team in conjunction with his latest book “100 ways to happiness – a guide for busy people" at our Boost conference in November. Our employee’s feedback was extremely positive of Dr. Tim who was engaging, dynamic and provided a platform to think creatively around just one small change in the workplace by employees can have huge benefits to overall engagement, wellbeing and positivity to make for an even more productive workplace.
Director, People and Corporate Relations