Tasneem Chopra OAM Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Tasneem Chopra OAM
- A Cross-cultural Consultant, Tasneem Chopra addresses issues of diversity, equity and inclusion across organisational leadership, including intersectionality within government, corporate, arts and community sectors.
- Tasnmee's Clients include: 1800RESPECT, ABC, Arts Centre Victoria, Aust Human Rights Commission, BUPA, Byron Bay Writers Festival, City of Melbourne, Creative Victoria, Co-health, Deakin University, Dept of Education, Dept of Health, Dept of Home Affairs, Department of Justice, Dept Premier & Cabinet, Feminist Writers Festival, Future Women, Griffith University, Judicial Council Victoria, La Trobe University, Macquarie Bank, Media Fed. Australia, Melbourne Writers Festival, Multicultural NSW, Netball Australia, NOW Australia, NSW Gallery, Our Watch, RMIT University, Tennis Australia, Luke Batty Foundation, University NSW, Victorian Women’s Lawyers, Women’s Leadership Summit.
- Tasneem Chopra is the inaugural 2021 Ambassador for Women of Colour, Australia. In 2020, Tasneem was awarded an OAM (Order of Australia Medal) for her efforts in championing diversity and has also been named an Anti-Racism Champion by the Australian Human Rights Commission.
- In addition to her Consultancy, Tasneem Chopra was recently appointed a panellist on the Anti-racism expert group for the Collingwood Football Club. She is also a Director for The Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI), The Crescent Institute, the South Asian Australian’s Researching Ideas (SAARI) as well as a Strategic Advisor to Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV), the In-Touch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence and the La Trobe University School of Humanities.
- Regarding her academic achievements, Tasneem Chopra became an Adjunct Fellow with the Sir Zelman Cowen Centre, Victoria University in 2021 and holds a Distinguished Alumni Award from La Trobe University in recognition of her impact in the diversity sector. With several academic publications under her name, Tasneem has a background in psychology and a Masters in International Development.
- A TEDxMelbourne presenter, Tasneem Chopra has featured on BBC World, Al Jazeera and ABC’s Q&A, The Drum and Radio Melbourne where she is a regular panellist and sought after commentator. Her latest media foray includes hosting the podcast, Strengths Untold on Spotify.
Topics for Tasneem Chopra OAM
- Cultural competency - Why it matters to walk your talk
Gain a better understanding of your organisation’s cultural competency needs, current gaps in skills and knowledge and strategies to develop a more culturally competent leadership or workforce.
- Diversity in centres of learning
Providing cross cultural competency educators, promoting how to communicate effectively with: diverse student bodies. The outcome of this keynote is to enable teachers or educators to communicate more effectively with ethnically and culturally diverse students, and understand their specific challenges to improve teaching outcomes.
- Work culture in the workplace
Tackling solutions to racial inequity in organisations serious about inclusion including anti-racism.
- Identity and belonging
Why staying out of your lane is where all the fun happen.
- Deconstructing toxic masculinity
Ending gender based violence.
- Brown pea in a white pod
Why multiculturalism matters – the stories and sensations.
Testimonials for Tasneem Chopra OAM
Your insightful and thought-provoking speech not only set the tone for the day but generated a great deal of discussion amongst the participants. It inspired schools to develop greater understanding of tackling intersectionality and realise the importance of intercultural knowledge, diversity in leadership, and opportunities for action for their schools. I personally took a lot from your words and have been thinking about your presentation ever since, particularly in terms of my role as a leader in supporting an education system that is supportive of, and empowering for, students from all backgrounds.
Department of Education
I loved the way Tasneem Chopra peeled back the layers of stereotyping and perceptions that inhibit all of us. I appreciated the open, personal way in which she shared her experiences and knowledge” “Please continue your talks; they make difference.
Judicial College of Victoria
Absolutely wonderful speaker – dynamic and insightful. More please!
Department of Human Services
Tasneem, we really enjoyed your keynote speech on inclusive leadership, particularly around disrupting systems of privilege, making the most of multicultural talent and moving from tolerance to understanding. Thank you for also sharing your personal experiences. And thank you for being part of the panel. We have heard glowing feedback about this discussion, and there was a genuine sense of engagement from the audience. Your advice and insights made for an extremely valuable discussion. From myself and the team here at MAQ, thank you for making the second Speaker Series forum another successful event.
Multicultural Affairs Queensland & Engagement
…the women were in awe! The take away quote for the day was ‘don’t just set the table make sure you have a seat at it’ you should patent that!! Cause I’m using it from now on!
City of Hume
Great session and privileged to hear Tasneem Chopra’s personal story. What stuck with me were the statements: “Bad things happen when good people say and do nothing”. And “Seek the good where you find it”. “For me, Tasneem’s presentation reinforced my understanding and tolerance of cultural and religious diversity”. “Leadership can be demonstrated through a variety of approaches, but the speaker showed that having a passion for what you believe in, as well as having a “can do” attitude, can make all the difference”
Family Relationships Institute, Adelaide
Your hosting was seamless and you truly made every element of the event so smooth and brilliant.
The Wheeler Centre Management
After watching the video of our Pursuing Justice: Human Rights in an Age of Crisis , I’m struck by the first class - engaging, warm, easily across the issues - role you played. Thanks for being such a wonderful conductor.
University of Sydney & Inaugural Director Sydney Peace Foundation
Tasneem Chopra moderated the Cultural Diversity in Ageing’s Care to Communicate Conference in 2021. She was professional, kind and informative, giving insight into the complex issues facing the aged care sector whilst holding the space for robust and sensitive discussions all whilst being able to weave the day into a fine tapestry of conversation. We would highly recommend Tasneem for future events.
Centre for Cultural Diversity in Ageing
Thanks for organising the speaker series in conjunction with BCG. They were great…..Tasneem Chopra was easily the most impressive speaker of the entire series!” We are extremely grateful to you for having brought the diversity lens to the forefront of the discussion and I think everyone is in heated agreement that diversity on boards leads to better decision making and there is certainly an appetite for change. You generously shared many thought provoking insights, ideas and leadership experience with our attendees of NFP Directors, CEOs, Observers & alumni.
Boston Consulting Group
Tasneem Chopra has a fresh approach to delivering diversity and inclusivity training which we can hopefully build on in future. Well-spoken and passionate about the areas she consults on, she has a lot of experience and delivered some nuggets of wisdom we need to embed into our thinking, e.g. “If we’re not consciously inclusive then we’re deliberately exclusive”. We do need to ensure that the decision-makers are representative of the people they make decisions for, for example higher level management and working groups need to include, or be informed by, those who will be users of that service or affected by that project. It also made me think about how we’re communicating, and how we make the opportunity to contribute accessible not only to people who speak various languages in different proficiencies, but to those who have different levels of ability and disability, varying access to technology or who are disengaged with the council.
Southern Grampians Shire Council
Tasneem Chopra was both engaging and funny! She had a great life story to tell and I was in awe of how much she is involved with and how much she does!
LGPro Women's Professional Development Forum
On behalf of ASEAN Society, I would like to thank you again for talking to us about diversity and anti-racism. Your passion really showed the importance of these topics and many of the things you discussed truly resonated with others and I. Cultural immersion would not have been the same without you!
On behalf of the students and staff of Minaret College, I wish to thank you for visiting to our college and sharing your personal and professional stories. Students were left with an understanding of how moments from their lives and simple observations can lead to a wonderful story. Thank you so much for your excellent presentation. Your ability to work with a large group of students was very impressive and allowed a fun experience for the children to fully participate in sharing your ideas. I have received a lot of positive feedback from the students and teachers on your ability to reach out and capture such a diverse audience. I have never seen our students so excited and so highly engaged during your speech and video you shared with us. Your words of wisdom were very powerful and profound. They gave us many opportunities to think and self reflect.
On behalf of the students, teachers, and administrators of Minaret College, we wish to thank you for taking the time to visit our school. It was a pleasure meeting you and listening to your motivational speech. I have never seen our students so excited and so highly engaged during your speech and video you shared with us. Your words of wisdom were very powerful and profound. They gave us many opportunities to think and self-reflect.
The Year 6s and 7s were so lucky for Tasneem Chopra, an acclaimed activist and artist, to take a moment of her time to talk to us. She opened our eyes to the world of art and activism, and shared with us many captivating anecdotes of artists who use their platform to make a difference. Tasneem’s passion for her work is clear, and she presented issues and thoughts that required us to ponder deeply and reflect upon society. Her down-to-earth and empowering speech inspired our own artworks for change and allowed us to gain a new perspective of the meaning of art and how this has an impact on the world we live in.
Ruyton Girls College
I also just wanted to thank you again for taking the time to be a part of our first ever virtual Curious Conversations: Religion and Faith panel. It was so wonderful for us to hear your thoughts on some important issues with actionable tips on how we can help address them, as well as stories of your own experiences. We’ve had amazing feedback from the Bainies that attended, so thank you again for making the panel so special.
Bain & Company
Tasneem Chopra was really approachable, professional and understood my concerns straight away. It was great to have her professional reassurance and leave with some practical advice (short term and long term) which I felt confident to implement. I would definitely recommend Tasneem's support for leadership strategies.
UK NFP client