- Stephen Yarwood was the youngest Lord Mayor of an Australian Capital City in history who oversaw rapid change during his term.
- Urban Futurist specialising in change, leadership and technology & cities.
- Expertise in the share economy, gaming & cities, Artificial Intelligence & cities, smart cities & citizens and the future of transport, infrastructure, land use, built form & urban design.
- Consults internationally, including around Australia, NZ, Asia, the Middle East and the USA. Specialist advisor to Airbnb on their Mayoral Advisory Board.
- Provides an entertaining, interesting and convincing argument that “the future looks nothing like the past” that can be specifically tailored for the client and audience.
- Contemporary Leadership
- Understanding Strategic Planning
- Working with Elected Members
- Understanding Change and your role in it
- Creating The Future: Self and Strategy
- Urban Futures
- The global Business of Cities
- city2050 – ideas and opportunities
- Technology and cities
- Artificial Intelligence and cities
- Geospatial gaming and cities
- Transport Futures
- The future of transport
- Electric engines and cities
- Autonomous vehicles – what it really means
- Cycling in 2050
- The future of roads and footpaths
- Smart Cities and Citizens
- The future of government
- The future of infrastructure
- Water futures
- The home in 2050
- The share economy and cities
- Urban Planning, resilient communities and place making
- Planning “101” – creating places for people
- Caring for urban environments
- Tools for making great places
- What makes a great student city
- What makes a great street
- Why healthy cities are so important
- Walking Tour of the City of Adelaide
- Enjoy a lively, entertaining and informative “cooks tour” of Adelaide that includes information on Adelaide’s past, present and future. He will discuss the city’s laneways, retail and entertainment precincts plus several urban design, placemaking and smart city initiatives.
Entertaining and thoughtful presentation. Challenged the status quo and encouraged everyone to look beyond the present and consider opportunities and innovation into the future.
City of Stonnington
Stephen intimately understands cities and the role of innovation and technology in their evolution. He is a dynamic thinker, effective collaborator and articulate communicator.
Stephen is a big picture thinker able to distill complex ideas into useful solutions and real outcomes. His understanding of how cities work is outstanding and his commitment to advancing the planning profession, in a time of rapid change, is highly regarded in Australia.
Commonwealth Association of Planners & Past President, Planning Institute of Australia
Stephen is an extremely well respected innovative and creative urban expert that is visionary but practical. His knowledge and experience would be a valuable asset to cities preparing for the future.
Australian Local Government Association & former Mayor of Marion
Stephen is a visionary urbanist. A strategic thinker with an intimate understanding of how cities work today and should work in the future. Any city would benefit from his ideas and efforts.
A brilliantly innovative talk – clearly the best delivery for the last few years.
Waitakere City, New Zealand
Stephen really helped shift Adelaide into a 'can do' place. He has the capacity to see the big picture and has tremendous energy.
International authority on creative cities
Stephen exudes energy and vitality, has a flair for future visioning and combines technical expertise with common sense pragmatism. Stephen was a strong and visionary Lord Mayor and is sought after as an international conference speaker.
Former Lord Mayor