Stephen Brady AO CVO Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Stephen Brady AO CVO
- Stephen Brady AO CVO has had an Australian public career spanning 36 years of service.
- He has been Australia's Ambassador to France, Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia.
- He was Senior Adviser to Prime Minister John Howard on two occasions and chief of staff to two Governors-General.
- The French Government made him a Commander of the Legion d’Honneur, a rare honour making him the highest ranking Australian civilian alive with this award.
- He became the first Ambassador from anywhere in the world in a same-sex relationship to be officially recognised and received by other states.
- He is accomplished in the art of communication and negotiation, and highly attuned to the demands and nuances of different cultural contexts.
- He is known for speaking ‘truth to power’, founded in his integrity, steady judgement, and clear sense of fairness.
Topics for Stephen Brady AO CVO
- International politics and the implications for Australia
Some examples include the cautions, costs and opportunities of Brexit, the future of the European Union, and global consequences. The social, economic and political impacts of immigration and refugee policy and practice. Interpreting and responding to terrorism’s threat to individual freedom and democratic government. The disruption of political systems, the rise of populism, and the demands and vulnerabilities of national leaders.
- Australia’s French connection
Sophisticated insights into the Australia-France bilateral relationship, at every level, from the political, to the economic, the cultural, and the personal.
- Negotiation across the cultural divide
Drawing on the specialised skills of diplomacy applied to a range of complex scenarios.
- Leading the modern workplace
Refreshing, intelligent strategies for empowering and managing employees, embracing diversity and equal opportunity with particular insights on issues affecting LGBTI people and running a flexible, resilient and successful organisation.