Stephanie Alexander OAM Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Stephanie Alexander OAM
- Stephanie Alexander AO is one of Australia's best known chefs and food writers.
- She has thirty years in the industry as an owner-chef in several restaurants, and is the author of 18 influential books and hundreds of articles about food matters.
- Stephanie’s fifth book, The Cook’s Companion is regarded as an Australian classic and has sold over 500,000 copies, now in its 24th printing. Her latest book, ‘Home’ was published in September 2021.
- She was awarded an Order of Australia (OAM) in 1994 for her services to the hospitality industry and to tourism, and for encouraging young apprentices.
- In 2004 she established the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation, a not-for-profit organisation, with the aim of introducing pleasurable food education to as many Australian children as possible. The program originally concentrated on the primary years but has since expanded its reach with pilot programs The Kitchen Garden Program for Early Childhood and The Kitchen Garden Program for Secondary Years.
- In 2014 Stephanie became an Officer of the Order of Australia in recognition of her work with the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation.
Topics for Stephanie Alexander OAM
- Food journalism