- Samuel Hinton has a Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Science (Honours) and Astrophysics PhD Candidate.
- Was a contestant in Australian Survivor ‘Champions v Contenders’ Network Ten
- Has appeared on Thinkinc, FameLab, Physics in the Pub, Pint of Science.
- Is an award-winning astrophysicist.
- Is a robotics and software engineer.
- Is an astronomer.
- Overcoming unsolvable problems
Some problems are so monumental that it seems like pursuit of them must lead to inevitable failure. From tackling unsolved mysteries like the nature of dark energy to the brutal cut-throat game of Survivor, Samuel thrives on approaching these challenges. Samuel presents his methods for overcoming such challenges and how to come out the end more confident, and more enthusiastic for the next challenge
- Purpose in an uncaring Universe
In a world of inequality and hardship, the search for meaning has never been more prominent. And there is nothing like studying the vast magnitude of the Universe to realise the insignificance of the small corner of the cosmos we call home. In an unexpected twist, Samuel explains the freedom that comes with cosmic indifference and how embracing hard truths allows us to reach out full potential and live the most satisfying and meaningful lives we can.
- Sorting through the bullshit: Nothing riles a scientist up as much as pseudoscience
Unfortunately for Samuel's stress levels, the world is filled to it, with an increasing amount gaining traction in the general population every day. Learn how to shift through the mountains of false claims and tactics encountered every day to detect bullshit and pseudoscience from far off, and avoid it like the plague! And then learn the top tricks of persuaders and marketers, designed to encourage your compliance and convince you despite your best efforts, so that you don't come out second best!