- Sam Bloom’s path has been anything but ordinary, from the lows of a devastating injury to the highs of representing Australia as an athlete and inspiring an upcoming Hollywood movie.
- Sam suffered life-threatening injuries including severe damage to her spinal cord that left her paralysed from the chest down.
- She found courage, determination and a little help from an unlikely feathered friend, she made her way back from the edge, scarred but undefeated.
- Sam made a triumphant return to surfing and in December the same year won a World Adaptive Surfing title for Australia in 2018.
- In 2019, she was nominated as a finalist for the Surfing Australia Awards Female Surfer of the Year as well as taking the Australian Adaptive Surfing Champion title in her LS-5 category.
- My story
- Penguin Bloom
Sam impacted our audiences with such humour and realness that we were moved to tears. Her storytelling brought us all to our feet for a standing ovaLon, and I’ll forever carry her message with me.
Thank you for making our event a success, our audience left feeling positive and enriched from the experience. You made us think, laugh, cry and really put things in perspective.
The PPG Network
A unique and remarkable insight into a family dealing with tragedy and finding their way through it with love, courage and hope.
Everyone we have spoken to was incredibly moved by your story. It was truly an honour to be able to hear, in such a real and honest way, this part of your life’s journey.
Princess Alexandra Hospital Health Symposium 2019
If you’re seeking a remarkable and inspiring personal story delivered with passion and humility, Sam is an outstanding choice.