- Hoggie” was a genuinely quick bowler who destroyed the English batting line-up on his entrance to Test cricket.
- Playing for his country in the days of Kerry Packer’s World Series Cricket, Rodney picked up an amazing 41 wickets at 12.85 in the Ashes series of 1978/79 – a record that must be near impossible to beat these days.
- Although a back injury later restricted his number of Test appearances to 38 and One Day Internationals to 71, Hoggie became a national favourite and the crowd in his adopted South Australia could always be heard chanting, “Hoggie, Hoggie, Hoggie!” when he was charging in.
- More recently, Rodney has been commentating in the Australian media for a couple of years, and was Strategy and Fast Bowling Coach for Victorian Cricket recently.
- Described by many as the funniest anecdotal cricket speaker.
- World of sport and Test Cricket
- Australian Cricket Team
Excellent, engaged brilliantly with the whole crowd and VIP table.
The Tax Institute
Suited the event and demographic perfectly.
Civil Contractors Federation
Absolutely charming man with great stories – captivated the audience.
Deer Park Club
Extremely funny and engaging. Spoke from the heart and was very much a huge thumbs up from the customers. Even the younger guys that had never heard or knew of Rodney Hogg were glowing in their praise of him. A very funny guy.
Rod was very highly recommended to us by Cricket Victoria and he was also well recommended to us by Darren Berry our speaker at our 2003 Presentation Night. These recommendations were not ill placed and we all found him to be an extremely humorous and well informed speaker. He recounted so many of his reminiscences of his career at the highest level and also when those days were past. He held and controlled the audience very well and he spoke for approx 40 minutes and then took a series of questions from the floor. His clean style was appreciated by our audience of both male and female persons. Some of his anecdotes were downright hilarious and he had the audience highly appreciative of his efforts. I can highly recommend him to others seeking a thoroughly entertaining and well presented speaker.
North West Cricket Association
Rodney’s ability to tell interesting and colourful stories of his cricket career and road to success was exceptional. Rodney was both informative and evocative. He has the ability to entertain at all levels and presented an aura of self-made success that would be valuable in a corporate environment. I highly recommend Rodney’s unique and inspiring presentations.
Alexander & Spencer Group