Robyn Williams AO Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Robyn Williams AO
- Robyn Williams AO was born in England and educated there and in Vienna. While studying biology at the University of London he appeared in many TV shows, from Monty Python to The Goodies. He also stood in for singer Tom Jones and sang rude songs in French for the BBC.
- He has presented The Science Show on ABC Radio National since 1975 (is this a world record?) and appeared in many TV programs including Nature of Australia, World Safari (with David Attenborough) and Catalyst.
- He was the first (and only) journalist to be elected a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science, has been a fellow at Oxford (twice) and is a Professor at the University of Qld and UNSW. He has received 5 honorary doctorates (Deakin University,Sydney, Macquarie, ANU and UNSW).
- He is the author of numerous books, his latest being Turmoil, letters from the brink.
Topics for Robyn Williams AO
- Media science guru
- Making science interesting and engaging
- Master of Ceremonies
Testimonials for Robyn Williams AO
Articulate, thoughtful and witty. Robyn was both challenging and entertaining - an unusual achievement for most after-dinner speakers.
National Parks and Wildlife Society
Wow! Robyn was wonderful - just what the luncheon needed - humour and information.
Institution of Engineers
Robyn is an inspirational speaker. He had a great feel for the audience and added considerable value to the conference.
Reed Business Publishing
Robyn is a very professional and interesting speaker who captivated everybody's imagination and interest.
Science Teachers' Association of WA
Robyn challenged the audience to think and look beyond their own backyards – he did this with a highly entertaining and story-telling manner.
Excellent. Engaging, interesting and well-suited to our audience. Got our conference off to a very good start!
Australian Institute of Judicial Administration