- Rechelle Hawkes was the captain of the Australian Hockey Team for eight years.
- Represented in Australia at four Olympic games winning two Gold medals.
- Had the rare honour of reading the Olympic Athletes Oath at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
- Has been involved in the media as a broadcaster and has been a part of the commentary team at 4 Olympic Games.
- Has also been involved on various Boards such as the Australian Malaysian Institute, The International Hockey Federation and the Australian Citizenship Review Committee.
- Is the Patron of the Amanda Young Foundation – Meningococcal disease. She has been involved with the Foundation for over 16 years.
- In 2002, became a member of the Sports Australian Hall of Fame.
- Awarded OAM in 1989.
- Importance of teamwork
- The need to remain focused to overcome hurdles and stay on the road to success.
We engaged Rechelle to speak at our State Management Conference regarding the realistic setting, measurement and achievement of goals. We found that Rechelle’s engaging nature with our management team and open and frank discussion about her trials and tribulations throughout her career a real link to the challenges we face in business. Rechelle’s ability to provide such a keen insight into her own career and the reflections it has within our business ensured that all of our attendees received some insight into what it takes to succeed in the face of challenges and overcome hurdles to ensure success. The degree of information provided allowed our group a realistic and attainable measure of what it takes to rise to the top of your chosen career and to achieve the goals you set, even when faced with challenges. I have no hesitation in recommending Rechelle for your business or sporting speaking engagements
Rechelle was brilliant and a lot of what Rechelle shared with regards to teamwork, resilience, collaboration resonated with the messages we were looking to provide our management team. Rechelle spoke from a position of knowledge and with passion and humility. Afterwards Rechelle was very giving of her time and all of our managers really appreciated how approachable and real she is/was, handing out her three gold medals to be passed around taking the time to pose with many of our managers for photos and spending time at the majority of tables for discussions. No question was too hard and nothing flustered her even when we had some technical difficulties with playing a video. Our managers were still talking about the experience the day after. I would highly recommend Rechelle for future engagements.
Great. Very down to earth high achiever who talks about the challenges she faced on her long road to success. Very natural and warm style and well received by everyone. Great to be able to see and touch her Olympic gold medal!
ANZ Wealth Management
Dedicated, warm and entertaining, Rechelle is a great Australian and a great motivator who we have engaged on a number of occasions to address our senior staff. Her achievements speak for themselves and her presentations are always well received and greatly appreciated.
Automotive Holdings Group
"As a media professional it's been my pleasure to work alongside Rechelle Hawkes in the commentary box at three Olympic Games and in a hosting capacity at dozens of corporate, charitable and sporting functions. Wherever she appears, Rechelle touches her audience with her down-to-earth style and her ability to share her amazing journey of success.
Seven, Nine, Fox Sports and Foxtel