Professor Luigi Fontana Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Professor Luigi Fontana
- Professor Luigi Fontana is the Ullman Chair of Translational Metabolic Health at the University of Sydney, a practicing physician and clinical academic at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, and one of the world's leading experts in the science of human longevity.
- He is a highly cited author: his work has been cited more than 27,000 times. 96.4% of his papers are in the top 10% of most-cited journals, including Science and Nature.
- His career total of 310 invited fully paid national and international presentations in the most prestigious international scientific meetings and universities across 20 countries.
- He has also been invited to hundreds of private and public events such as Milken Institute Global Conference, YPO Chapter and McKinsey events; has appeared in TV documentaries for CNN, BBC, ABC, SBS, Sunrise, Globo TV, RAI, Nippon Hoso Kyokai TV to name a few; has been interviewed by national radios and newspapers including Time Magazine, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Newsweek Magazine, Washington Post, Sydney Morning Herald.
- Professor Luigi Fontana's total career research funding exceeds $18 million, including the 2019 NHMRC Investigator grant (AUD $2,700,00), 2020 Australian Youth and Health Foundation (AUD $2,500,000), Philip Bushell Foundation (AUD $1,050,013), 2022 Australian Youth and Health Foundation (AUD $2,700,00).
- Professor Fontana's multiple prestigious awards include; 2009 Marquis ‘Who's Who in America; 2009 Glenn AFAR Breakthroughs in Gerontology Award; 2011 Glenn Award for Research in Biological Mechanisms of Aging; 2013 Visiting CERA Professor, University of Sydney, Australia; 2016 Cristofalo Rising Star Award in Aging Research, American Aging Association; 2021 Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Excellence, University of Sydney; 2022 Honorary Member of the Italian Association of Hospital Gastroenterologists.
- He has published several popular books including; The Path to Longevity (Hardie Grant 2020) now translated into Chinese and Japanese.
- He is active in leadership roles in multiple professional committees across national and international contexts including; Scientific Member of the Board of Directors, American Aging Association (2014-2019); Member of the Executive Steering Committee, Charles Perkins Centre, University of Sydney, Australia (2022-present).
Topics for Professor Luigi Fontana
- The science of wellbeing and healthy longevity
- The science of healthy nutrition, intermittent fasting, time-restricted eating, plant-based Mediterranean diets, diets of centenarians
- The science of exercise training. Role of exercise in promoting wellbeing, healthy aging and preventing multiple chronic disease
- The science of emotional wellbeing. Mindfulness, meditation, breathing techniques and sleep to delay brain aging, and maximize psychological, creative and intuitive intelligence
- The science of measuring and monitoring health and biological aging
- The philosophy of wellbeing, resilience and maximized performance
Testimonials for Professor Luigi Fontana
I have had the good fortune of interacting with Prof Luigi Fontana, a world expert on healthy longevity, for many years now. He is always engaging and thought-provoking with great insight. He brings a balanced view combining gems of wisdom from cutting-edge science and the study of ancient traditions.
I have listen to professor Fontana's engaging talks several times: in Milan when we invited him as a key speaker at an event organized by the European House Ambrosetti and then in Los Angeles at the Milken Institute Global Conference. Luigi is amazing with his energy and easy-to-understand messages on how to live a long and healthy life. All attendees have been discussing about Luigi's presentations, his humor and energy. Moreover, all attendees thought they could listen to Luigi again and again given how great a presenter he is with an amazing story and message.
Managing Partner & CEO
The European House - Ambrosetti
As the organizer of the 'Health and Longevity sessions' for the Annual Milken Institute Global Conferences held in Los Angeles, I had the pleasure to interact with Professor Luigi Fontana several times. For several years Luigi was our keynote speaker, our superstar. Luigi has a unique ability to explain complex scientific concepts in simple terms that even lay people can understand. Our panels always left lasting impressions on the audience comprising C-suite executives from Fortune 500 companies, global leaders, and innovators. He is very passionate in explaining how diet can slow aging and promote healthy longevity. Everyone loved Luigi’s infectious energy that he brought to the room
Prostate Cancer Foundation
I met Professor Luigi Fontana at one of the Annual Milken Global Conferences in Los Angeles. Great speaker, a real thought leader in the area of longevity, health and human optimization. He was clearly head and shoulders over the other speakers at the conference I attended, both in knowledge and in visibility to communicate to his audience. The scientific competence and the energy and enthusiasm that Luigi brought to this event was captivating and I think he is an extremely talented and engaging speaker.
Coin Operated Group, LLC
I have invited Prof Fontana to share his knowledge with our McKinsey executive team in New York. Luigi provided a very engaging and thought-provoking talk that has left a lasting impression. He was able to articulate a great message on the importance of nutrition, exercise training, sleep, and mindfulness that helped open the thinking of the entire team. He is very passionate about this topic and his expertise is outstanding. He brought a lot of energy to the room which the team loved. We would have him back time and time again!
Prof Fontana’s presentations on the role of nutrition and exercise in promoting health and wellbeing were salient, dynamic, thought provoking, and thoroughly entertaining. The energy and enthusiasm that Luigi brought to the event was infectious and had all the attendees talking.