Petria Thomas Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Petria Thomas
- Petria Thomas has become one of Australia's most successful female swimmers. Her three gold medals and one silver medals at the Athens Olympic Games has brought her Olympic medal count to 8.
- Only the great Dawn Fraser and Susie O'Neill have equaled that number. After United States swimmer Michael Phelps, Petria was the most successful athlete at the Athens 2004 Olympic Games.
- Petria has a remarkable story. Three times she came back from major surgery to get back to the top. In incredible story of courage, persistance and determination.
- She is triple Olympic Gold Medallist and winner of 15 National titles. She became the first female swimmer to ever win the same event at three consecutive Commonwealth Games – the 100m butterfly. She has claimed 8 Olympic Medals, 12 Commonwealth Games Medals and 16 World Championship Medals.
- She was Australian swim team captain from 2001-2004, was three times crowned AIS Athlete of the Year (2001, 2002 and 2004), won the 2004 ‘The Don’ Award for the performance that most inspired the nation, and was inducted into the Sport Australia Hall of Fame in 2007. She was inducted into the International Swimming Hall of Fame in 2010.
- Since retiring from the pool Petria has worked for the Australian Sports Commission, Swimming Australia, Gymnastics Australia and now holds the position of Assistant Director of Engagement at Sport Integrity Australia.
Topics for Petria Thomas
- World of sport
- Olympic Games
Testimonials for Petria Thomas
“I received an enormous amount of positive feedback from the delegates regarding Petria. The obvious and overwhelming feeling was that she was down to earth, spoke from the heart and appears to remain unaffected in any negative way regarding her success. The way she freely mixed with the delegates and happily signed autographs, poised for photos and let people hold her medals was excellent.”
“A real Australian hero and champion. Our staff, management and consultants loved her. A surprisingly good speaker who spoke with passion and from the heart. An inspirational story of overcoming many obstacles. She mixed with everyone, handed around her medals and created a real buzz.”
“Very inspirational story - tied in well with our theme of Endless Spirit. A great down-to-earth Australian champion!”
“Very Good. Petria's presentation was very inspiring and was certainly indicative to our Conference Theme of "Endless Spirit". She is a very down to earth lady and a pleasure to deal with.”
NT Department of Sport & Recreation